Man Dies in Homeless Unit Blaze

One person has died after a fire broke out at a homeless shelter. The body, which has been identified, was discovered by firefighters as they tackled a blaze in the building in Montrose, Angus. It broke out just before 2000 BST on Friday on the second floor of the four-storey homeless unit, on the High Street. Six firefighters with breathing apparatus put out the flames over the course of 30 minutes.They found the body in a room while tackling the blaze. Several other people were in the building at the time, but managed to get out unharmed. A spokesman for Tayside Police said enquiries were at an early stage, with detectives and firefighters investigating at the scene.