The privacy of your personal data is important to Career Media Ltd, publisher of Care Appointments. The following sets out what we do and what we do not do with the information we collect using this website.
We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address when you register on the site) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer. We may update this policy from time to time.
2 How do we gather information?
Information is collected in two ways:
- indirectly eg using the website; and
- directly eg when you buy from or register on the website or when responding to promotions and offers etc.
3 Why we collect it
We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section 4).
4 Who we disclose it to
4.1 We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or for legitimate business operations. These could include:
- to process your application after you register with us;
- for matching you with any of our clients and placing you in contact with prospective employers;
- to process payments for or to you;
- to engage you or your company for temporary assignment(s);
- to carry out credit assessments and identity verification, right to work, criminal record and background reference checks;
- to contact you for future work-finding service;
- to promote our business and recruitment services to prospective employers;
4.2 If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
6 Automated processes
Parts of our billing process (which is transacted via Paypal) are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of the billing process.
7 Accessing and updating your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and request us to change/update this information. A small administration fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Data Dept, Career Media Ltd, 38 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3DX or email: [email protected].
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make certain functionality on the website work
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
More about our Cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video. You can see third party privacy policies on the respective websites. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily share or Like our content through Facebook, Twitter and other social channels we have included sharing buttons on our site. The privacy policies relating to these services will vary and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site Improvement Cookies
We regularly test new designs or features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how visitors respond to these different versions. This helps us to offer you a better website.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. It is worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just that they won’t be tailored to you.
Turning Cookies Off
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Subscribers and Email Newsletter
If you submit your details via our website, we may use this information to contact you about other relevant events and information, or pass your details to other reputable companies whose products and services may be of interest to you or your company. You may unsubscribe or opt out at any point which we will action as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If you have any questions in relation to the above please contact: Data Dept, Career Media Ltd, 38 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3DX or email: [email protected].