Skills for Care announce winners of the 2018 Care Accolades
The winners picked up their Accolades trophies at an award ceremony in London fighting off fierce competition from other 35 shortlisted finalists in each of the 10 categories.
The winners were:
- Best employer of under 50 staff – Ebury Court Care Home
- Best employer of between 51 and 249 staff – Middleton Hall Retirement Village
- Best employer of over 250 staff – Augustinian Care
- Best employer support for your registered manager(s) – Care Management Group
- Best endorsed provider of learning and development – NAPA (National Activity Providers Association)
- Best individual who employs their own care and support staff – Christina Candey
- Best recruitment initiative – Love2Care and Wellbeing Teams
- Best social care apprentice employers – Anchor Trust
- Most effective approach to integrated new models of care – Stockton Integrated Discharge Team
- Most effective approach to leadership and management – Magdalen & Lasher Charity Old Hastings House
Skills for Care CEO Sharon Allen said: “My congratulations to all the winners who came through a rigorous judging process to win a highly coveted national award recognising outstanding work on developing the skills and knowledge of the adult social care workforce.
“The Skills for Care Accolades are an opportunity to celebrate all that is great about how high quality care and support is provided by hard working, skilled and dedicated workers in our communities.
“It was a pleasure to meet every one of our finalists, who all demonstrated great innovation and commitment to leadership and workforce development, which they were keen to share with others on the night and afterwards.”