Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we’re looking for.
Location: Rosewell House, 194 Kings Gate, Aberdeen
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Roles that require PVG Membership
Please note that with effect from 1 April 2023, where a role requires PVG membership, candidates will be required to meet the cost of the PVG membership. This applies only to roles with a full time equivalent salary of £30,000 and above. (Teaching roles and jobs at Grade 11 and above (currently £30,727 per annum / £15.97 per hour)
The Council will pay for the PVG membership cost initially, either £18 for existing PVG scheme members, or £59 for non-members, and this cost will be deducted from an employee’s first FULL month’s salary payment.
job purpose/about role
As a member of an integrated multidisciplinary team for Adult Service the CCC will co-ordinate services based on the individual’s assessed needs with a strong focus on providing person centred planning and support whilst maintaining the person’s independence to safely live at home or in their community and supporting carers with relevant services to enable the carer to maintain their roles.
• HNC / SVQ level 3 in Social Care
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with service users’, staff, carers and internal/external professionals to achieve improved outcomes for service users
• Attention to detail; specifically around financial responsibilities and accountability for all expenditure made on behalf of clients / carers and record as required
• Participation in individual, team and service development
• The ability to produce high quality written and electronic reports
• Interviewing and investigation skills
• Interviewing, investigation and assessment skills (including finance), person centred planning, developing, monitoring and evaluating agreed outcomes
• The ability to prioritise, plan and manage workload and to manage constant and often conflicting demands
• Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for own practice, seeking advice and support as necessary
• Ability to manage priorities, time and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage complex cases and high risks and arrange care packages for discharge from hospital
• Counselling and support skills
• Promote role of Community Care Co-ordinator internally and externally
• Mentor, support and provide other workers and social work, OT and nursing students with learning opportunities
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact [email protected].
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: [email protected]. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs
Job Purpose: Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this...Apply For This Job
Job Description East Ayrshire Council where the people and the workforce are at the heart of everything we do. East...Apply For This Job
Job Description Candidates must have a degree in social work An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the south integrated...Apply For This Job
Job Description Operational responsibility for the delivery of critical services to vulnerable individuals, their families and carers through the day-to-day...Apply For This Job
Job Description What is the role? Under supervision, to support the provision of a Community Care service to identified individuals,...Apply For This Job
Job Advert We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from...Apply For This Job