* Applicants must have a full drivers license, and access to vehicle to apply for this role.
* REF: NWM/78
* Youth Recovery Worker
* Full time 37.5 or Part time 30 Hours per Week, Working Monday – Friday
* £19,690.88 per annum (if part time, then pro rata – based on a 37.5 hour week)
* Shift Rota: To be discussed at interview
* Location – Hub location in Thetford
* Free parking options available onsite.
* Annual leave: 26 Days
* Benefits: Pension, Online Discounts Portal, Financial advice, Long Service Awards, Health & Wellbeing Program AND Personal Development and Job Specific Training.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive and sector leading staff benefits package: Further details upon application.
* We have an investors in people certification
* We are the leading mental health charity in Norfolk and Waveney, providing services which make a real difference to people’s lives.
* We are a friendly, flexible and supportive employer.
* You will be working in strong partnership with Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT), Third Sector organisation, and Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector.
* We work to reduce the stigma associated with mental health, support people in their recovery and champion better services for all.
* We believe that with the right support and resources everybody can create a life that feels meaningful to them.
* We are a fast paced and growing organisation, so career progression is open to all
* We are proud to announce that in our most recent staff surveys, the overwhelming majority of our employees are happy to refer others to our organisation, and enjoy our friendly/supportive team environment!
What is REST?
REST in the community provides a network of Mental Health Support, information and advice. We have designed REST to provide people with accessible mental health support and information, close to their communities and homes.
Our new hub will be located in Thetford but whilst the premises are secured you can expect to work in the hub at Breckland House in Thetford as well as some agile working.
You will be working in the REST Hub, providing an exciting new service located in the heart of the community and will operate a safe and friendly environment. It will be psychologically informed – in line with Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) principles. The hub service will offer a wide range of services to empower people to stay well in their community and at home.
If you have a passion for supporting people in crisis and to recover from mental health challenges, why not come and be part our brand new team!
The Role of Youth Recovery Worker:
We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Youth Recovery Worker, passionate about providing one to one emotional support to those in need of support and in crisis. As a valued Youth Recovery Worker, you will be helping to provide recovery focussed emotional support, psychoeducational information and signposting to young people (aged 18 to 25) to promote good emotional health and wellbeing.
To become part of the Young People in Mind (YPiM) team delivering support through 1-1 casework, delivery of solution focused support groups and facilitation of social groups and activities.
Our Recovery Workers support individuals to develop emotional management and personal life skills to achieve greater independence and self-esteem. You will help people to develop coping mechanisms and tools to better manage their mental health. You will be liaising with GPs, external agencies and community teams, making referrals as required.
As a Youth Recovery Worker, you will join us in working hard to help people recover from mental health problems and develop resilience for the future. We are the leading mental health charity in Norfolk and Waveney, providing services which make a real difference to people’s lives. We are a friendly, flexible and supportive employer. You will be working in strong partnership with Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT), Third Sector organisation, and Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector.
What we are looking for:
Applicants must have a full drivers license, and access to vehicle to apply for this role.
NVQ 3 or equivalent
Experience of working with people with complex needs who may be difficult to engage
An understanding of mental health difficulties, including the role of crisis support
Willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS check when relevant
A flexible approach to working hours
Ability to provide effective advice and guidance
Experience of working with people who have a diagnosis of a personality disorder
Please note the following:
This service operates 7 day per week, 365 days per year, and there will be a requirement to work alternate weekends.
Should you wish to have a friendly and informal chat about the role, please call
Bill Belton or Tess Peterson on our main switchboard number, which can be found on the Norfolk and Waveney Mind website
Senior Support Worker – Children’s Residential Your new company A small independent company offering a children’s residential setting which promotes...Apply For This Job
Support Worker Children’s Residential Job Title: Residential Support Worker Responsible to: The Registered Manager Experience – Ideally at least 12...Apply For This Job
Children’s Night Shift Support Worker – Pontypool Your new company This organisation supports and nurtures 8 – 18 year olds...Apply For This Job
Support Worker, Recovery Worker, Family Support Worker jobs, Support Worker jobs The role: I am currently recruiting for a Support...Apply For This Job
Warrington Hospital Discharge Support Full-Time flexible working Permanent contract, immediate start Your new company You will be working with a...Apply For This Job