Waking Night Residential Childcare Support Worker
Unqualified £23,620 basic annual salary, rising to £24,024 on successful completion of probation period
Qualified £25,116 basic annual salary
(The above salaries exclude possible sleep in shifts and overtime. Qualified Support Worker salary is based on the proven existing completion of a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare)
Our services cover the areas of Haringey, Islington and Camden and we have vacancies in all areas.
Area Camden is part of the Polaris Community and the aim is to provide the highest levels of care and service to enable young people to achieve their goals. We do this by ensuring our staff are recruited, vetted and trained against a strict framework with emphasis placed on the quality and continuity of our care workers to provide a stable and secure environment for all young people at night.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. We are dedicated to working flexibly and imaginatively with all other professionals and families to ensure the best interests of every young person in our care are consistently met.
As a Waking Night Support Worker you will be joining a team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care and development of the children and young people in our homes.
Duties and Responsibilities
* As a Waking Night Support Worker you are required to be awake during the duration of your working shift.
* To ensure the safety and welfare of each young person for the duration of the wake night shift.
* Night times can be hard for young people as part of the wake night team you will need to be able to offer empathy and compassion during the night time if needed.
* To be able to use a computer to keep accurate records.
* To be able to report young people as missing and follow the Philomena procedure in doing so.
* Communicate effectively with out of hour services.
* Answering phone calls professionally, taking messages and responding to requests and questions.
* To carry out duties in line with Area Camden group policies procedures and equal opportunities.
* To develop a responsible attitude with residents with regard to the fabric, furnishings, equipment, supplies and services in/or to the establishment and to support them in all domestic aspects of both their own personal space and communal areas of the establishment.
* To be a member of a team of residential childcare workers and be involved in the planning and organisation of the placement which is the total living environment for each young person living within the home
* To provide a positive working role model for other colleagues and the young people resident.
All staff are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the vision, aims and core principles of Area Camden and be prepared to contribute towards these aims within their staff team. The above is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities, and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the company.
Essential skills required:
* Must be able to work as part of a team
* To follow delegated tasks and handovers.
* Be able to maintain Area Camden’s policies and procedures
* Can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Have the ability to engage and listen to children
* Be organised and able to plan and prepare work
* Be willing to work towards the relevant qualification if not held
Area Camden is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position
Social Care Consultant (Recruitment Consultant) – Swansea Hays Recruitment Social Care Recruiter (Recruitment Consultant) £25,600 OTE for first 6-9 months,...Apply For This Job
Team leader – supported living* *Full time – permanent* *37.5 hours a week over a 7-day period – may include...Apply For This Job
Senior Caseworker Women's refuge* *Full time permanent – on field mobile working* *£23,500 – £25,000* We are working alongside a...Apply For This Job
We are recruiting Support Workers across North Shields, North Tyneside, to join a Supported Living Service supporting adults living with...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurses * Newcastle * £20 – £30 per hour Pin Point Health and Social Care are currently seeking experienced...Apply For This Job
Registered Nurses * Newcastle upon Tyne * £18.50 – £25 per hour Pin Point Health and Social Care are currently...Apply For This Job