Children’s Therapeutic Coach – Full Time – Pembrokeshire
Your new company
Based in Pembrokeshire, my client is searching for therapeutic coaches at their residential setting for children with emotional behaviour disorder. Firm belief in the therapeutic approach to improving wellbeing for these children is part of their success as a support unit. There are 3 homes based in the countryside where you will be engaged with schooling, farm activities and town activities to provide an engaging and motivating experience. It can be challenging so resilient and passionate candidates are required. Each young person has a carefully thought-out care plan to be adhered to and revised on a regular basis. With a person-centred approach, you will be supported as a therapeutic coach and internal promotion is encouraged through personal development plans.
Your new role
* Must have the ability to engage with children/young people with learning or emotional and behavioural difficulties.
* Must have the ability to interpret Regulations and other relevant procedures and guidelines, putting them into practise.
* Ability to put childcare theory into practise.
* Must be able to produce concise reports and complete other clear written records. * Ability to work as a team member.
* Have the ability to recognise and support other staff or young people at times of difficulty or in demanding situations.
* Have an ability to respond appropriately to challenging behaviour.
* Have the ability and skills needed to engage young people in social activities using local and other resources.
* To work evenings, weekends and bank holidays, as outlined by the homes’ rota.
* Undertake sleep-in duties, as outlined by the homes’ rota.
* Be able to occasionally cover at short notice and be flexible.
* This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
What you’ll need to succeed
Driving Licence – essential
Experience within the care sector is desirable but not essential
QCF/ NVQ in Children and Young People or Health & Social Care is desirable
Resilience, self-motivation and the enthusiasm to engage with active young people
Excellent communication skills
Ability to navigate a challenging situation
DBS on the Update service is a bonus for swifter onboarding
What you’ll get in return
Rewarding job role
Sleep in allowance
Scope for career progression
Free DBS check
Dedicated recruitment agent to guide you through the process
Competitive salary based on experience
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Exciting Opportunity for a Children and Young Persons Residential Manager in Swansea – £35k+ 10% bonus. Your New RoleWith a...Apply For This Job
Children’s support worker in Dewsbury, flexible hours and competitive salary. CHILDREN’S RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER Previous experience of working with Children...Apply For This Job
Are you passionate about providing care and support for vulnerable individuals? Are you someone who is outgoing with a ‘can...Apply For This Job
Full Time Children and Young Person’s Support Worker – Residential – Carmarthen Your New Company As a successful children’s residential...Apply For This Job
Youth Project Worker – Band 7 – Blended Working – 6 month contract Your new company I am recruiting on...Apply For This Job