Potter Johnson Recruitment are pleased to be working together with a well established service providing residential care homes for vulnerable children. Currently they have multiple homes that have been rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted and are looking to expand. As a result, our client is currently recruiting more enthusiastic and dedicated people to join their team.
For the Team Leader role, you will need to have had experience of working in a Children's home. Successful Team Leader will be confident, works well to their own initiative, possess excellent communication skills, is a good decision maker and has the ability develop staff to their full potential.
Annual salary: £29,120 per annum (including 2 sleep shifts per week)
Hours: 40 hours per week – Full time / Adhering to a monthly rota / On-call duty rota as directed by the homes manager
Purpose of the Role of Team Leader:
A Team Leader is responsible for the supervision of a team of support staff to ensure that young people receive a complete person centred care service. As an excellent role model, they will lead, delegate, supervise and assess the Support Workers practice. Due to the nature of the role, there is an expectation that you will provide direct high quality care and support to young people.
Abilities required for the Role of Team Leader include but are not limited to:
* The ability to organise, plan and take responsibility.
* The ability to lead shifts, have responsibility for decision making, and follow policies and procedures in line with current Legislation.
* Ability to manage and take direct responsibility for staff performance, training and support.
* The ability to offer support and guidance during On-Call duties.
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both with colleagues and children, verbally and in writing
* The ability to work in line with young peoples care plans and health plans.
* The ability to motivate, aid and guide children in their self-development
* The ability to set appropriate examples for children at all times
* The ability to listen and respond responsibly with sensitivity
* Ability to undertake supervisions of staff.
* Ability to react calmly in stressful situations.
* Ability to maintain administrative records as required by the organisation.
A team leader is required to support the supervision and management of the home through:
* Writing the staff rota as directed
* Professional supervision of support workers
* Organising and leading individual shifts
* Monitoring key tasks
* Representing the home in external professional meetings
* Being a role model in care practice
* Implementing company policy in practice
* Demonstrating a flexible approach to provide the best possible care to young people
* A team leader is required to act up in the deputy manager’s absence.
Essential Requirements for the Role of Team Leader:
* Two years experience working in a Children's Home.
* Hold or be willing to achieve a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care with Children and Young People.
* Be prepared to work early, late and night shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis.
* Be over the age of 21 (Employer has claimed an exemption under the Equality Act 2010).
Desirable Requirements for the Role of Team Leader:
* Hold a full UK driving license.
Please Apply now if you have the skills and qualifications for this role
Hays Social Care are looking for permanent waking night support workers! Hays Social Care are looking for a permanent Waking...Apply For This Job
NeuroSupport services are currently recruiting Support Workers and Healthcare Assistants with a background of Brain Injury and Mental health experience...Apply For This Job
Social Care Consultant (Recruitment Consultant) – Swansea Hays Recruitment Social Care Recruiter (Recruitment Consultant) £25,600 OTE for first 6-9 months,...Apply For This Job
Senior Caseworker Women's refuge* *Full time permanent – on field mobile working* *£23,500 – £25,000* We are working alongside a...Apply For This Job
We are recruiting Support Workers across North Shields, North Tyneside, to join a Supported Living Service supporting adults living with...Apply For This Job
Social Worker – Newcastle – £31ph mbi Medical are pleased to be working with the Newcastle Hospice in sourcing a...Apply For This Job