Full Time – 38.50 (including evenings and weekends) hours per week
As a member of the staff team the Support Worker, working without direct supervision, will be responsible for meeting the support and care needs of the service users as determined in their care plan. He/she will be expected to deliver the highest professional standards of social care practice ensuring CrossReach’s aims, objectives and quality standards are met and maintained.
1. To implement and uphold CrossReach’s aims, objectives, policies.
2. To be able to work without direct supervision in the delivery of support services to service users.
3. To provide personal support and care to service users in a flexible way which meets their needs over a twenty four hour period.
4. To undertake sleepover duties as required to meet individual service users needs.
5. To undertake autonomously the role of key working to service users.
6. As a sole worker carry out relevant risk assessments in relation to service users’ use of appliances and the security of the building.
7. Assist service users in their responsibilities with the maintenance of the safety of the dwelling.
8. Assist service users with their responsibilities for arranging minor repairs to and servicing of own domestic equipment and appliances.
9. Providing life skills training to service users to assist them in their responsibilities in maintaining the dwelling and curtilage in appropriate condition.
10. To participate in individual service users reviews and in the formulation of relevant support plans, reflecting the outcome of these reviews.
11. To work autonomously in drawing up and implementing service users support plans in order that maximum outcomes are achieved.
12. To support and promote the independence of service users with life tasks, such as domestic, hygiene and nutrition.
13. To support service users in the pursuit of work, leisure, education and employment opportunities.
14. To use initiative to assess situations and make appropriate decisions to support service users.
15. To ensure service users receive their maximum financial entitlement and that appropriate financial advice is made available.
16. Advise or assist the service user with personal budgeting and debt counselling.
17. Advise or assist the service user in dealing with benefit claims and other official correspondence.
18. To be directly responsible for assessing the changing needs of service users.
19. Without direct supervision, be responsible for maintaining accurate records as required by CrossReach’s Policies & Procedures.
20. To liaise with relatives and friends of service users, where appropriate.
21. To make efficient use of the Service’s range of resources.
22. To undertake without direct supervision all aspects of risk management.
23. To use initiative to ensure that all emergency systems are fully operational and to respond to any emergencies.
24. Without direct supervision, provide support and care which:-
24.1 promotes equality for all individual service users
24.2 promotes service users’ choice
24.3 promotes social inclusion for service users
24.4 promotes the protection of individuals from all forms of abuse
24.5 promotes sound management of aggressive and abusive behaviour
24.6 promotes communication with service users where there are communication difficulties
24.7 supports service users when they are distressed
24.8 enables service users to make use of available services and information
24.9 contributes to the health, safety and security of individuals and their environment
24.10 promotes the well being of all service users within a professional Christian framework in a sensitive caring manner affording them dignity and respect.
1. To participate in evaluations of the Service provision, ensuring that the highest standards of care are implemented and achieved.
2. To share responsibility for the quality of care, having particular regard to:-
2.1 values of confidentiality, integrity and impartiality which govern the discharge of duties and responsibilities of members of staff
2.2 the worth, rights and responsibilities of the individual
2.3 the promotion of independent choice
2.4 the protection of people who cannot protect themselves
2.5 the promotion of equality of opportunity
2.6 maintaining and improving practice standards
2.7 supporting other staff, volunteers and befrienders
2.8 the achieving of objectives 2.9 responding to service users’ comments and opinions
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
1. To contribute appropriately in determining the Service’s future aims and objectives.
2. To assist in the evaluation of the Service’s performance in line with CrossReach’s Quality Standards.
1. To be aware of current developments in the social care field.
2. To attend appropriate meetings, training courses and seminars.
3. To maintain a personal development portfolio.
To maintain close working relationships with all relevant professionals involved in the care of service users.
The post holder will be expected to undertake other relevant and reasonable duties as required by senior management.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
Part Time – 30.00 hours per week Main Function To provide flexible support to clients living in the community. Main...Apply For This Job
Part Time – 25.00 hours per week Main Function To provide flexible support to clients living in the community. Main...Apply For This Job