Support worker- Criminal Justice
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
To provide double cover for the Approved Premises in accordance with the rota. To ensure smooth running of the Approved Premises and deal with any discipline enforcement issues. To assist in the management of the Approved Premises in the absence of Manager/Deputy and communicate as necessary with the on call Manager. To contribute to the reduction of reoffending and /or the serious harm to self or others .
1. Assist in the day to day running of the Approved Premises on a rota basis for the behaviour control of its residents. To ensure compliance with the safe working practices of St Johns and to ensure all daily tasks are completed as required ie room searches , hostel routine, administration of medication etc.
2. Supervision of the provision of meals
3. Contribute to and support individual residents’ assessments/ Supervision plans to include cover and attendance at link work sessions / three way and multi agency meetings as necessary
4. To contribute to some Purposeful Activities as required under the Approved Premises Manual as detailed on Equip. To ensure accurate and detailed recording on ndelius, and imparticularly on the nsi lines to ensure compliance with the Approved Premises Dash Board recording.
4. Contribute to the risk management of residents, liaise as required with partner agencies ie Police, Probation and take part in joint meetings. To carry out enforcement instructions as required .
5. To maintain accurate Approved Premises recording and ensure the sharing of information as appropriate. To prepare written reports as required.
6. To work as a team and to provide cover for other Support Workers,
absent on holiday, sick leave, training or as necessary
7. Contribute to the pro-social environment of the Approved Premises in dealings with residents , staff and visitors
8. Work within Approved Premises policies with particular regard to Health and Safety. To comply with relevant legislation and follow policy and practices. To ensure daily/weekly checks are completed fully.
9. To promote diversity and anti-discriminatory practice to all service users and staff in line with national and local policies
10. to demonstrate commitment to user involvement in planning and delivery of services
11. To work to the development and maintenance of the Enabling Environment accreditation award.
12. Such other duties as may be required which are appropriate to the work and are commensurate with the responsibilities of the post
Working With Others
seeking to build positive relationships
putting the customer or client at the forefront of your work
acts assertively when faced with challenging behaviour or situations
supporting each other and building relationships to achieve common goals
listens carefully to others and seeks clarification on areas of uncertainty
collaborates with others to find solutions to problems and improvements to ways of working
communicates with all parties in the most appropriate manner for the audience and the subject matter
ability to plan and prioritise workload
follows laid down procedures, standards and instructions
strives to meet individual and team based work objectives
uses own initiative to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
appropriate attention to detail and ensuring tasks are correctly handled and followed through
takes personal responsibility for delivering the desired outcomes and goals
reacts quickly and responds appropriately to changes in plans and work schedules
Analysis & Decision Making
gathering and assimilating information from a range of sources
identifying and considering all options within a relevant timescale
ensuring that decisions are built on sufficient evidence and/or information
taking decisions appropriate to level of authority
ability to look at a range of possible solutions in order to make an effective decision
demonstrates a willingness to ask for assistance or refer a matter when appropriate
remains calm and confident and able to respond logically and decisively in difficult situations
Values & Personal Effectiveness
upholds the stated organisational values
willingness and enthusiasm to embrace the concept of continuous professional development
shows discretion and maintains appropriate confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
demonstrates resilience and reliability in difficult circumstances
able to give constructive feedback to others and takes on board any feedback given
acknowledges own emotional and professional limits and seeks help when necessary
positively embraces and adapts to change
promotes a professional image of self, team, department and the organisation
Special Requirements Able to work shifts, evenings, and weekends .
Job Description This is a Criminal Justice Social Work post, but for the Women’s Service, working exclusively with females only...Apply For This Job
Job Advert Falkirk Justice Services are seeking to recruit highly motivated social workers to be based in our Assessment and...Apply For This Job
Job Description To support the Moray Community Justice Partnership with the local implementation of the Community Justice (Scotland) Act 2016...Apply For This Job
Job Advert Falkirk Justice Services are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Women’s Service Worker to join our...Apply For This Job
Job Description Edinburgh Corporate Services Case Coordinator CRANE Services Salary: £28,854 to £34,057 per yearHours: 36 per week – shift work...Apply For This Job
Advert We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to the post of Alcohol and Drug Recovery Addiction...Apply For This Job