Please only apply if you have previous experience in a support worker type role and you have a Full UK drivers license and access to a car you can use for work.This role requires you to drive.
Experienced in brain injury support is highy advantageous.
NeuroSupport services are currently recruiting Support Workers and Healthcare Assistants with a background of Brain Injury and Mental health experience to support services users with an acquired Brain Injury. Our service aims to support rehabilitation and in enabling people to optimise independence and quality of life.
We are looking for psychology graduates,support Workers and Healthcare Assistants or suitable candidates who would be willing to support people both within their home environment and also willing to provide support in helping service users access the community.
Successful candidates will be willing to help people adapt to their limitations, but also strive to reach their goals. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to implement behavioural, psychological, and cognitive strategies, as well as support with daily living activities. Therapy Assistants should be confident with working independently and providing empirical feedback where necessary.
Therapy Assistant/Support worker particular experience:
Preferable support or therapy assistant with experience of working with people who have ABI (Brain Injury), experience completing exercises and working towards achieving set goals would be ideal.
Our client requires a Female support worker & assistence with the following:
* Food prep and health
* Executive functioning
* Social skills with others
* Safe reasoning eg plans to walk to collect prescription in the dark for 50 mins
* Ordering Prescriptions
* Attending appointments
* Managing Activities of Daily living
* Wrap around or daily contact to directly ask how things are going Exploring emotions and needs Managing Fatigue Keeping a headache diary
* Food shopping
The hours are fliexble throughout the week.
The client is looking for 6 to 10 hours of support per week.
£10.50-£12 per hour depending on experience.
Successful Candidates will:
* Have access to full Training – including Brain Injury Awareness Training
* CPD opportunities
* Will be subject to Full Enhanced DBS
* Competitive Hourly Rate
* Gain Experience working with an MDT
Successful candidate attributes:
Abilities, Skills & Behaviours
* A genuine desire to make a positive difference to the lives of others with the ability to promote well-being through positive attitude and work practices
* The ability to work on your own initiative and be a well-integrated team member.
* Willingness to participate in continuing professional development
* Flexible and positive approach to work patterns/schedules and business needs
* Excellent punctuality, reliability and a strong desire to accomplish goals and objectives
* Caring, friendly and empathetic approach to clients with the ability to build professional relationships
* Ability to remain calm and collective in a difficult and pressurised situation
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Able to demonstrate good organisational and time management skills
* Have basic computer skills (Word, Outlook & Excel)
* Have at least six months experience of working in a support worker role or similar, in the past three years.
* Must have a Full UK Driving License and access to your own car
* Have Experience in the field of Psychology
* Willing to become self-employed
Benefits of working for NeuroSupport Services:
Full enhanced DBS
Yearly Mandatory Training
Food/Drink shift Allowance
Partial Mileage and Travel time covered
Flexible working to meet your own requirements
We offer flexible work patterns – full time, part time, ad-hoc and a variety of shifts with our clients to suit any life style
Children's Home Deputy £33,000 Occasional sleeps £45 4 bed level 1 Therapeutic home (Full occupancy) Full Staff team Selby Purosearch...Apply For This Job
Defour Partnership (Social Care) is working closely with a highly regarded Social Care Charity recruiting for a Registered Manager. Rare...Apply For This Job
Title: On-Call Night Carers Location: TS17 Thornaby Nearest Tube/Station: Yarm Wage/Salary: £17.00 gross per hour, £170.00 gross per night. Driver...Apply For This Job
Are you ready for a new challenge as a Registered Manager, to lead a small residential service for adults with...Apply For This Job
Job title Support Worker Location Selby, North Yorkshire Pay £12.00 per hour (minimum) Hours ...Apply For This Job
Care Assistant Location: Eastfield, Kayton & Ogsby town centre, Newby & Scalby, Bridlington, Cranswick & Driffield. Pay Rate: £11.80 per...Apply For This Job