Support Worker Working with Adults with Learning Disability
Support Worker working with Adults with Learning Disability
Between £10 – £11ph. Full time, Permanent role and bank hours available. 37.5 hours per week (Days) Shift hours ranging from 7am until 10pm, (sleep ins available).
The role offers supported living options for people with varying abilities to live the life they choose. The services support people with physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries, sensory impairments and learning disabilities to live independently in their own home within the supported living services in Kempston, Bedfordshire.
* To support customers with their physical care, personal hygiene needs and daily life tasks and skills as required by their person-centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible and affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
* To support and facilitate customer communication with their relatives, friends, professionals and other members of staff, in order to ensure the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of support.
* To work within a person-centred approach so as to encourage customers to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition, as well as their current skills, personal choices and aspirations.
* To encourage and support customer participation in the running of the service provision.
* To be open to customer preferences as to how tasks are carried out.
* To report and record any incidents or events that may have an impact on the customer’s PCP, liaising with the immediate supervisor (and/or any other relevant staff) as appropriate.
* To ensure that record-keeping is maintained and updated in an accurate, timely and confidential manner.
Key competencies and skills
* Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
* To be able to work on own as well as part of a team.
* To be able to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
* Able to work under pressure and apply consistent approaches.
* To be able to work flexibly and creatively with customers and their families.
* To be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality.
As a Support Worker you’ll provide a high level of care and support to people in their own homes, enabling them to live the life they choose. You’ll assist with daily tasks including personal care, medication and assistance at mealtimes, motivating and encouraging choice and participation.
Applicants must hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive our customers car when the need arises.
Experience as a Support Worker, Care Assistant or Healthcare Assistant is desirable but not essential as there is excellent training and an induction programme to get you fully trained in your new role! You must be compassionate, creative and love working with people.
In return we offer a great range of employee schemes and benefits, including generous annual leave, free Blue Light card, discounts for high street retailers, contributory pension scheme and so much more!
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk. A satisfactory disclosure check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post. References will be obtained for the role.
Basic hourly rate – £10 – £11ph, enhanced hours rate for hours between 5pm and 7am Mon – Thurs, and all weekend hours between 5pm Friday and 7am Monday
Support Worker Location: Meldreth, Royston Salary: £9.65 to £10.70ph – £20,072 – £22,256 40hr week Support Worker – Orchard Manor...Apply For This Job
Night Support Worker Location: Meldreth/Royston, Cambs/Herts border Salary: £9.65 to £10.70 Hours: 40hr weeks Night Support Worker – Orchard Manor...Apply For This Job
Senior Care Assistant – 35hours – £10ph POSITION: Senior Care Assistant – Permanent (day / evening & nights) Weekly Hours:...Apply For This Job
Senior Carer Care Assistant – 35hours – £9.50 POSITION: Care Assistant – Permanent (day / evening & nights) Weekly Hours:...Apply For This Job
Support Worker working with Adults with Learning Disability Support Worker working with Adults with Learning Disability Between £10 – £11ph....Apply For This Job