Mental Health Support Worker – Dewsbury
Mental Health Support Worker
Hays are now recruiting for Support Workers with previous experience working with people with psychological needs.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will be involved in:
* Meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users. You will be under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional, and work with doctors, psychologists and a range of other healthcare professionals. with the delivery of care to a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental health issues in a medium secure facility.
* Position will be working on acute mental health wards, observing, supervising and providing ongoing support to clients with varying levels of Mental Health issues including Schizophrenia, depression and anxiety and personality disorders.
* The majority of your day will be spent observing patients, interacting and communicating to the Nurse in Charge any particular needs of patients and/or problems in the ward.
* Following care and/or support plans for each service user and ensuring their wellbeing and dignity is respected at all times.
* You will need to be considerate of everyone’s dignity and privacy and have a good understanding of serious mental health issues and how this can impact on everyone’s daily lives. You must be understanding, caring, compassionate, patient and committed,
What will be required
* A previous background working with people who display challenging behaviours.
* A strong sense of responsibility & ownership
* Willingness to learn
* Caring, attentive and able to maintain peoples dignity and respect at all times
* Strong relationship building skills & a Team player
* Ability to work in fast paced, lively, sometimes volatile environment
* Attend or already hold a PMVA Training (Full course provided, free of charge *Terms and conditions apply
Interim Scheme Manager PURPOSE OF THE POST The Senior Manager will have the overall responsibility to ensure the effective management...Apply For This Job
Service Manager – Adults Service – Flexible – Ongoing Contract Your new company We aim is to provide services within...Apply For This Job
Support Worker – Birchgrove Your new company We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Support Workers to support...Apply For This Job
Support Worker – Sketty – Waking Nights Part Time (21hrs) Your new company We are looking to recruit personable, flexible...Apply For This Job
Support Worker – Llansamlet (40hrs) Your new company We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Support Workers to...Apply For This Job
Your new company Do you want the opportunity to work in the beautiful, peaceful countryside of West Wales and for...Apply For This Job