Support Worker Jobs Available, Children’s Residential, Flexible Shifts, Immediate Start
Support Worker Jobs Available, Children’s Residential, Flexible Shifts, Immediate Start*
Up to £11.00ph
You will be supporting the young people 1-1 strengthening and developing life skills.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – You must have experience with 1-1 key working with young people, mental health and challenging behaviour.
* Monitor the young person’s ability to engage with everyday living and develop skills where necessary by supporting their identified needs.
* Support the young person in settling within the community and accessing local resources.
* Encourage and support the young person in accessing education, training or employment as well as supporting them with any application process.
* Support and assist the young person around budgeting money, grocery shopping and administer a weekly subsistence allowance.
* Encourage the young person to engage and take part with positive activities within the community, building on relationships and developing social networks.
* Maintain accurate record/ log keeping. .
* Manage a young person living semi-independently in the community; you will be responsible in structuring key work sessions consistent with an independent placement agreement.
* Work with your line manager and the young person to develop a structured programme of key work sessions based upon the young person’s individual support needs and focussed on developing their self-confidence and esteem.
* Promote safe, consistent and understandable boundaries with the young person in conjunction with a ‘Young Person’s Agreement’.
* Encourage the young person to take an active part in the local community, building relationships and maintaining social networks.
* Prepare high standard monthly progress reports regarding the young person’s progress which are submitted to the placing authority. Complete required paperwork/ administration.
* Work in partnership with other agencies and support the young people to attend meetings with other professionals.
Your new company
Hays Social Care work with the very best providers in West/North Yorkshire and the surrounding areas, these services support children and young adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, autism, and other various complex needs in either residential or supported living settings.
Your new role
As a support worker you will be assisting vulnerable individuals with personal and practical care, medications, daily activities, trips out, socialising, accessing the community, and leading a more fulfilled and independent life. We can offer either full or part time hours, in a flexible working pattern. We will offer you consistent work in a variety of fantastic settings, so you decide when you work, and how much you work.
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT Search Consultancy are working with a large provider of care for people with various support needs to source...Apply For This Job
Bristol City Council are seeking Children's Social Workers to join their Child Safeguarding team offering an excellent pay rate up...Apply For This Job
Keystone Care are a specialist senior level staffing company exclusively operating within the Social Care sector. We offer senior staffing...Apply For This Job
Bleep360 is one of the leading healthcare agencies in the UK. We have now secured more contracts in Bristol and...Apply For This Job
Do you have a passion for helping those in need of a little help? Do you have experience of providing...Apply For This Job
Support Worker Supported Living We are looking for pro -active support workers full time and part time to join our...Apply For This Job