Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist, Cavendish View School
Reporting to: Principal
Location: Cavendish View Primary School, Walton, L9 1NB Liverpool
Salary: £37,000 to £39,000 Pa, FTE
At Salutem, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults and young people.
* To contribute to the planning and delivery of a communication strategy for a group/groups of students to enable and support their learning with the support
* To be responsible for the day to day implementation of agreed aims and programmes reflecting the ethos of the school, as a member of a trans-disciplinary team.
* To contribute professional knowledge and expertise to the team for a particular area, such as AAC.
* To support the budget and to make funding recommendations and requests to the Senior Leadership Team
To ensure the learning environment is adequately resourced to:
* promote independence
* deliver the curriculum to ensure pupil learning and progress
* maintain excellent standards of care
* ensure health and safety
* ensure compliance with policies and procedures
* To implement group and individual communication programmes in collaboration with the team and to be involved in associated planning and preparation and share expertise and knowledge.
* To be responsible for the integration of the school’s communication strategy to enable pupils to access the whole curriculum.
* To assess, plan and implement low and/or high AAC pathways for children who require a communication strategy
* To develop and create AAC resources, delegating to others as appropriate
* Assessment of communication and oral skills needs for group /groups of pupils
* Demonstrate and model good facilitation to support eating and drinking, communication and access to the curriculum.
* To be responsible for implementing the eating and drinking policy and monitoring and advising on this area in collaboration with colleagues
* To work with management to develop the curriculum and communication elements throughout the school to achieve the outcomes of the School Development Plan.
* To be a member of a trans-disciplinary team of staff meeting all the pupils’ needs.
* To contribute to the development of the overall programme of the group.
* To write high quality reports.
* To contribute at Reviews and other relevant meetings and to liaise with parents/guardians and external medical services.
* To provide good standards of physical and emotional care
* To provide intimate care
* To ensure the physical environment is maintained to high standards of safety, hygiene and presentation.
* To share professional knowledge and participate in the staff training and development programme.
* To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably determined by the Principal
* The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Full covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
Registered with the royal college of speech and language therapists j
Hold a Degree in Speech and Language therapy
Are you an experienced Care Assistant or Support Worker, looking for extra work, we can offer part or full time...Apply For This Job
Yes Care are currently recruiting for Home Care Assistants in the Merseyside area supporting vulnerable people in your community. *...Apply For This Job
Pharmacy Technician – Primary Care – Prison Based – Liverpool – £29'577 – Full Time The healthcare team at the...Apply For This Job
Lucam Consultancy Full Time/Part Time Support Worker: Location: St Helens Role Overview: Working as a support worker, you will conduct...Apply For This Job
Nurseplus is looking for Care Assistants in St Helens and the surrounding areas. Our services are available within a variety...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a Registered Manager to manage a new 3 bed Residential Service for young people with EBD...Apply For This Job