Come and join one of the UK’s largest providers of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Specialist Physiotherapist (Band 7) to join our Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care service in Nottingham.
Located in the town of Hucknall, 7 miles from Nottingham City Centre, and just 2 miles from the M1 Motorway, we provide long-term person-centred care and support for adults with physical and cognitive impairments resulting from a brain injury or other progressive neurological condition.
With three distinct, yet complementary services on one site, we offer flexible care options from our specialist on-site team.
Slow stream rehabilitation (Millwood)
This service is for people who have already undergone rehabilitation and still require further therapy to reach their optimum level of recovery. It is also suitable for those who would find an intensive programme of care fatiguing and would make better progress on a longer, less therapy-intensive programme. We provide a range of rehabilitation therapies to help people relearn and practice everyday skills to give them the best chance of a return home.
High Dependency (Fernwood)
Fernwood is our high dependency service where we look after people with particularly complex nursing care needs. Residents may, for example, have tracheostomies, require assisted ventilation or may be minimally conscious. We also care for individuals who may be in the end stage of a progressive neurological illness.
This service is suitable for people who, as a result of their brain injury, are unable to live at home independently, usually because of the high level of nursing care they need. This service is also suitable for those who do not have complex nursing needs or require regular therapy, but still need round the clock support to manage everyday tasks, to keep safe, and to have a good quality of life.
Our clinical team is highly trained in the rehabilitation and care of adults with brain injuries and other neurological conditions. They are supported by three Unit managers, activity therapists, and a team of housekeeping, catering, maintenance, and administration staff.
The site is part of the wider Active Care Group Neuro Network (consisting of 25+ sites) nationally and we focus on the use of clinical expertise, innovation and technology to meet patient’s expectations of rehabilitation goals and we were most recently rated as GOOD by the Care Quality Commission.
What you'll be working:
This role is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What you'll be doing:
* Keeping people safe from harm and protecting their human rights
* Ensure the provision of a high-quality physiotherapy service and its place within the multidisciplinary team
* Take a lead role in physiotherapy assessment and management of service users, always maintaining high standards of clinical care
* Develop and manage the physiotherapy service and staff
* Initiate and take a lead role in the development of physiotherapy department policies, guidelines, and service developments
* Use highly developed physical skills to support patients who have a neurological impairment to maximise independence
* Liaise with family, carers, and significant others where appropriate to ensure patients’ needs are met to a high standard
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the multi-disciplinary care team and senior professional and managerial staff
What you'll have:
* Be HCPC registered as a Physiotherapist
* A degree in Physiotherapy
* At least 3 years post qualification experience
* Experience within a Neuro Rehabilitation setting would be an advantage
* Demonstrate ability to be empathetic, motivating and reassuring to allow for active participation
* Successful candidates will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
Apply now to be part of our amazing team and see what a difference you can make to someone's life!
What to look forward to:
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* Birthday off
* Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
* Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
* Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
* A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
* Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
* We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
* Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
* Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
* ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group
Onecare UK is a professional domiciliary and supported living care provider that has built a reputation on quality. We have...Apply For This Job
Head Cook Enfield EN2 7BL Salary 40 hours a week Must work every other Saturdays and Sundays Must Haves *...Apply For This Job
Supervising Social Worker – Fostering – South East London – £40k Mbi Medical are pleased to be working with an...Apply For This Job
Qualified Social Worker – Redbridge – Mental Health – £30ph Job Purpose Mbi Medical are pleased to be working with...Apply For This Job
Qualified Social Worker – QSW – Adults – Transitions – Merten – 30ph Mbi Medical are pleased to be working...Apply For This Job
Social Worker – Bromley – 38k Mbi Medical are pleased to have a Social Worker vaccancy in Bromley, Kent. About...Apply For This Job