Temporary position to cover secondment.
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic senior practitioner to work with children, young people and their families. The post requires a sound knowledge of children and families social work policy, legislation and understanding of assessing needs, risks and effective interventions. A working knowledge of pathways planning and continuing care is desirable. The Social Worker will work in partnership with other agencies to meet the needs of children, young people and their families.
If further information or discussion re job specifics is desired please contact Michelle Rodger or Raymond Walsh on 0141 777 3000.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Permanent Social Worker vacancies in Bognor Regis, Worthing, Horsham & Crawley Your new company A local authority with sites based...Apply For This Job
Children’s Assessment Social Worker Job – Full Time Hours – Busy Local Authority Your new company An exciting new opportunity...Apply For This Job
Qualified Social Worker Jobs in Children’s Services, multiple teams available We have exciting opportunities for experienced Social Worker’s with existing...Apply For This Job