An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified Social Worker to join East Dunbartonshire Health & Social Care Partnership’s Joint Learning Disability Team. The post is based within the Kirkintilloch Health and Care Centre.
Our Joint Learning Disability Team is a well-established, integrated and experienced team which is co-located within an integrated building providing the full range of adult social work and primary health services.
The Joint Learning Disability team provides a full range of health and social care services to adults with learning disabilities, providing a responsive, flexible and outcome focussed response to the citizens of East Dunbartonshire Council. Transitions based work and the promotion of personalised services to adults with learning disabilities and their families are central to our approach alongside assessment and care management responsibilities across social work services in line with statutory responsibilities and national outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity offering a varied and diverse range of experience across all aspects of social work within learning disability services within an established and cohesive integrated team.
Applicants must hold a professional social work qualification and be registered with SSSC. Applicants will have experience of social work practice within adult social work services, and an understanding of the relevant legislation.
You will need to hold a driving licence.
Enquires relating to this post can be made to Billy Henderson, Social Work Team Manager, on 0141 355 2200
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Job Description What is the role? Are you an experienced Social Worker who is passionate about improving services and making...Apply For This Job
Job Description Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership Social WorkerSouth East Locality Office Salary: £34,057 – £40,275Hours: 36 per week...Apply For This Job
Job Description Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership Senior Social WorkerSouth Office Salary: £40,275 – £47,654 (pro-rata for part time)Hours:...Apply For This Job
Advert We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all...Apply For This Job
Job Description An exciting opportunity has arisen for a social worker to join us! The post holder will be part...Apply For This Job