Your new company
Do you want to work for a Local Authority going through an exciting period of growth that puts relationships at the heart of everything they do?
Our client is a Local Authority seeking a Social Worker to work in their Intake Team based South Wales – Children & Family Intake Team. They have a ‘strength based’ approach where they work with the individual to promote their wellbeing. It is outcome led and not services led.
Your new role
The role include undertaking assessments for care and support , CHC assessments and working with individuals whose needs may be complex or require on-going monitoring and support.
To offer appropriate information advice and assistance to enable people to make informed choices about their wellbeing.
You will be supporting adults by assessing their requirements. To plan and commission services to enable adults with care & support needs and carers with support needs to overcome the barriers to achieving the personal outcomes and monitor and review the care plans through co-production with citizens and carers. You will do this in a hybrid working model, travelling around South Wales at least 3 times a week at short notice.
Type of Environment
Our client is undergoing a restructure where you will work with a maximum of 20 – 22 children at any one time meaning that you are able to provide quality care to each case. You will be working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
What you’ll need to succeed
* Degree in Social Work
* Registration with Social Care Wales
* Ability to empathise
* Calm demeaner in a crisis
* Demonstratable experience working with a multi-disciplinary team (preferred)
* Experience of working with adults who are vulnerable through illness, disability or age-related frailty
* Assessment of Adult service users and carers.
* Understanding of illness, disability and age-related frailty and its effects on individuals/carers/family
* Knowledge of relevant legislation eg Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014, Mental Health Measure (Wales) 2010, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act 1983.
* Knowledge of Safeguarding issues and procedures in relation to Adults
What you’ll get in return
* Hourly umbrella rate is £36+ an hour (negotiable based on experience)
* Part Time (18.5 hours)
* Accommodation allowances (if necessary)
What you need to know
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Social Worker Locum role within CIC team – long contracts Your new company You will be working for a large...Apply For This Job
Adult Social Workers in various locations across Dorset Social Workers Adult Social Care Locations: Dorset – different locations available Your...Apply For This Job
Locum Social Worker Jobs in Children’s Services, £48 per hour Your new company A local authority in the Bournemouth area...Apply For This Job
Social Worker in CIC Team – good caseloads, good rates! Your new company A local authority in the Bournemouth area...Apply For This Job
Social Worker – Children’s Locality Team’s Your new company A large local authority in Dorset are seeking additional locum staff...Apply For This Job