Please note this position is temporary
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified Social Worker within our Hospital Assessment Team.
Our Hospital Assessment Team is a well-established and experienced team which is co-located within an integrated building providing the full range of adult social work and primary health services.
We are seeking a Social Worker to assist in the delivery of our statutory duties and contribute to complex care management. As such you will be highly motivated with experience of promoting independence and personalisation, be confident in managing risk and looking for creative ways to promote independence seeking to link older people into the local community.
Applicants should hold a professional social work qualification and will have experience of statutory work within older people social work services. Experience within the field of Older People is desirable.
Enquires relating to this post can be made to Lisa Miller, Team Manager, Hospital Assessment Team on 0141 355 2200
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership Closing Date: Friday 15th December 2023 The Social Work Admin Service are looking for an...Apply For This Job
Job Description Suicide touches the lives of many people and is a devastating event. Preventing suicide and reducing the rate...Apply For This Job
Job Description Your normal hours of work will be 35 hours per week – to be worked between 8:45am to...Apply For This Job
Job Description Glasgow is a thriving and vibrant city and excellent opportunities exist to join us and contribute towards helping...Apply For This Job
Job Description To participate in the activities of an Integrated Community Care Area Team receiving requests for and under-taking holistic...Apply For This Job
Job Description Are you the type of person who wants more from their job? Are you looking for a career...Apply For This Job