2 vacancies 1 x 35 hours and 1 x 17.5 hours
Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
An opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified Social Workers within our Hospital Discharge Team.
The Hospital Discharge Team is a well-established and experienced team which is co-located within an integrated building providing the full range of adult social work and primary health services.
Applicants should hold a professional social work qualification, they will have experience of statutory work within older people social work services and an understanding of the relevance of the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 in respect of hospital discharge.
We are seeking Social Workers to assist in the delivery of our statutory duties and contribute to complex care management. As such you will be highly motivated with experience of promoting independence and personalisation, be confident in managing risk and looking for creative ways to promote independence seeking to link older people into the local community.
You will need to hold a driving licence.
Enquires relating to this post can be made to Lisa Miller, Manager, Hospital Assessment Team on 0141 355 2200
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Advert Based at the Alcohol and Drug Recovery Service, Back Sneddon Street, Paisley. Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP)...Apply For This Job
Job Description Contract Type Casual / Relief Interview Date: Week commencing 9 November 2020 The job pack for this vacancy...Apply For This Job
Job Description What is the role? To provide a Community Care Assessment and Care Management Service to individuals within the...Apply For This Job
Advert Are you an experienced social worker and council officer with proven experience of adult support and protection? Are you...Apply For This Job