This is an exciting opportunity to join our Criminal Justice team based at Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch The post holder will undertake all aspects of the Criminal Justice Social Worker’s role. You will have personal qualities, professional skills and knowledge which will be applied and tested in all aspects of service delivery within a busy criminal justice team.
The post holder will manage Criminal Justice throughcare licences and Community Payback Orders, which will include undertaking appropriate assessments, case management, recording and monitoring work using electronic case recording systems such as ViSOR and Carefirst. The service has a critical role in public protection and work will include managing those presenting a risk of serious harm. On occasion you therefore maybe required to assist prison based social work to this end.
It is essential that you are committed to social work values and have effective interpersonal, communication, assessment and writing skills; be able to work as part of a team and on a multi-agency basis. Experience of delivering interventions on an individual and groupwork basis for those with a range of complex issues is desirable, as is experience of writing reports for the courts and the Parole Board. Trained in risk assessment tools such as LSCMI (including ROSH), SA07, SARA and RM2000 are also desirable.
The post is open to internal and external applicants; the post is full time and permanent. If you require more information about the post please contact Marielaine McLaughlin (Team Manager) on (0141 578 8320).
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Advertisement Details The Throughcare and Aftercare Team is based in Lerwick and offers support and guidance to young people who...Apply For This Job
Job Description Team Leader – PKC06831£44,898 – £48,352Strathearn & Kinross Children’s Services Team, The Community School of Auchterarder This position...Apply For This Job
Qualified Social Worker Jobs in Children’s Services, multiple teams available We have exciting opportunities for experienced Social Worker’s with existing...Apply For This Job
Job Summary The post is open to both external/ internal applicants. The post is full-time and temporary. Children and Families...Apply For This Job