Social Worker (Fixed Term for up to 12 Months) – PKC10738
£32,194 – £34,356 (28.8 hours per week)
Blairgowrie Fieldwork Children and Families Team, Community Connect, High Street, Rattray, Blairgowrie
• A degree in Social work or equivalent as recognised by the SSSC.
• Knowledge of child-care law and policy.
• Relevant/Transferable experience.
• An ability to undertake collaborative work with other disciplines.
• An ability to work within professional boundaries.
• An ability to work well as a member of a team.
• Ability to undertake ‘risk assessment‘ of activities.
• Ability to analyse information and draw out recommendations.
• Ability to work towards resolving problems independently.
• Understanding of when to refer problems to the appropriate person.
• An ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of vulnerable children and families.
• Registration with the SSSC.
You must have a valid UK driving licence and use of a vehicle as this post requires you to travel to a variety of locations across Perth and Kinross. Occasional travel out-with Perth and Kinross will also be required.
• Child protection experience.
• Experience of direct work with children and families.
• Experience of working in a rural community.
• Post qualifying certificate in Child Protection or a willingness to undertake this in future.
• Take account of service users’ views in all aspects of work.
• Practice in line with the Council’s Equalities Policies.
• Take responsibility for any pieces of work delegated to others in their absence.
• Take responsibility for monitoring and improving your knowledge and skills, and undertake professional development as identified.
• Awareness of the need for safe lone working practice.
• Promote Equality & Dignity at Work.
• Commitment to treat customers/clients & colleagues in accordance with Council’s policies on equalities and dignity at work.
• Maintain electronic records in line with Children and Families Services guidance.
• Achievement of Results.
• Meet required timescales in respect of reports, assessments etc.
• Maintain and promote high standards of Social Work practice.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement of the service and your individual role within this.
• Work as part of a team and contribute to the effective operation of the team.
• Work in an integrated way with partner agencies.
If you would like any more information regarding this post, please contact Keith Main, Team Leader, via email at [email protected]
When completing your application for this post, please ensure that you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.
As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.
A healthy work life balance is important to Perth & Kinross Council and we provide supportive management and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve a healthy work life balance. You will have access to training and support for continued professional development.
Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.
Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
At PKC our values and behaviours influence our work and support us in the delivery of the Perth and Kinross Offer. In your application, and should you be invited to interview, you will be asked to describe situations that support the criteria required in the role and which also demonstrate our values and behaviours. Find out more about PKC and you could soon be joining our team!
Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.
What we can do for you
If you are successful in a role with Perth & Kinross Council, you will have access to a range of benefits to help your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership Closing Date: Friday 15th December 2023 An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified social...Apply For This Job
Advert Based at our supported accommodation unit, you will provide support to young people leaving local authority care,...Apply For This Job
Job Description Children, Education and Justice Services Residential Care Officer Nights Moredun House for Young People Salary: £30,751 – £36,312 per...Apply For This Job
Job Description Post Title: Social Worker (Care and Protection) (2 vacancies)Location: NairnHours: 35 Hours Per WeekDuration: PermanentSalary: £41,168 – £44,571...Apply For This Job
Job Description Children, Education and Justice Services Team Leader – Young People’s Service (YPS)City Chambers Salary: £50,287 – £60,187Hours: 36...Apply For This Job
Job Description Senior Practitioner – PKC10940£46,193 – £49,779Navigate, George Inn Lane, Perth Based in George Inn Lane, Perth, Navigate is...Apply For This Job