Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic social worker to work with children, young people and their families. The post requires a sound knowledge of children and families and youth justice social work policy, legislation, practice as well as an understanding of assessing needs, risks and effective interventions. The Social Worker will work in partnership with other agencies to meet the needs of children and their families.
The post is open to internal and external applicants and is part time, permanent, based in the Young People and Youth Justice team. The team manage child protection cases, statutory work with Looked After children, provide Youth Justice assessments and interventions and Adoption, Fostering and Kinship services as well as offering voluntary and individual work with young people and their families. If you require more information about the post please contact Duncan Tate, Team Manager.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Job Description Social Work Adult Services in Falkirk is currently undergoing a wide-scale service transformation and as part of this...Apply For This Job
Job Advert Falkirk is seeking new social work colleagues – offering new career opportunities for experienced registered social workers. We’re...Apply For This Job
Service: Health and Social Care Partnership Closing Date: Thursday 17th March 2024 An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dedicated...Apply For This Job
Job Description Children, Education and Justice Services Participation Officer – Care Experienced Young PeopleCorporate Parenting Hub, 17-25 Leith Street Salary:...Apply For This Job
Advert Social Worker – Learning Disability East Team (13/118) Annan Town Hall £23,224.25 – £24,900.75 In this full time post...Apply For This Job
Job Summary A unique opportunity has arisen as part of EDC commitment to the National Transfer scheme to work with...Apply For This Job