Please note that this vacancy is temporary.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic social worker to work with children, young people and their families. The post requires a sound knowledge of policy and legislation and understanding of assessing needs and effective interventions. The Social Worker will work in partnership with other agencies to meet the needs of children and their families.
The post is open to internal and external applicants, the post is full time and temporary.
If you require more information about the post please contact Margaret Robertson or Mitha Ritchie (Team Managers) on 0141 777 3000.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Advert Post 1 – Business Support Officer – Self Directed Support (2 Year Fixed Term) Post 2 – Business Support Officer –...Apply For This Job
Job Description Post Title: Social WorkerLocation: Various locations in Highland AreaHours: Full and...Apply For This Job
Job Description Community Support Worker x3 posts (temp)HSCP/NEW Salary: £28,764 – £31,407 Location: Municipal Buildings, Greenock Hours: 37 per week...Apply For This Job
Job Description Post Title: Community Childrens Worker Location: InvernessHours: 35 hours per weekDuration: Fixed Term...Apply For This Job
Job Advert As a Senior Carer you will undertake the day to day allocation of working tasks within the team,...Apply For This Job
Advert 21.36 hrs per week, Fixed Term for 2 years The closing date for this post is provisionally set at...Apply For This Job