Social Worker in Care Planning and Placement Team: Children and Families.
This fulltime post (35 hours) is based within the Care Planning and Placement Team with responsibility for the recruitment, training, supervision and support of adopters, foster carers and kinship carers. We are a small team co-located with the full children and families’ service promoting close working relationships with our carers facilitating joint working and positive outcomes for children and young people.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the statutory and regulatory framework underpinning the service, as well as being able to demonstrate knowledge of statutory responsibilities, relevant legislation, current research and good practice in this area. Previous experience of working in a planning and placement team is advantageous.
Applicants must have the ability to complete detailed, coherent and concise assessments/reports and be able to engage and communicate effectively with others. The post is an exciting opportunity for a social worker with experience and skills to continue their professional development and be part of an existing and supportive team.
The Care Planning and Placement Team has a clear role to play in supporting the implementation of “The Promise” and we provide a whole systems approach to supporting the fostering/adoption/kinship family, and promote sibling relationships and positive connections for children and young people.
The successful applicant will contribute to the development and implementation of policies and strategies in line with the Council’s functions and responsibilities while contributing to achievement of the Children and Families Service objectives and standards by supporting team work, collaboration and flexibility.
The post is open to internal and external applicants. If you require more information please contact Caroline Wright (Team Manager) on 07488349648, [email protected]
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Job Description Based, within the Learning Disability Service, at home and Claverhouse East, Jack Martin Way, you will work full...Apply For This Job
Vacancy Information Hourly rate of pay: £20.20 – £22.62 Candidates will be assessed on the basis of appropriate relevant experience...Apply For This Job
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership Closing Date: Friday 8th December 2023 Argyll and Bute Council are looking to recruit an...Apply For This Job
Job Description Transitions Co-ordinator/Social Work Assistant (temp/full time) REF:HSCP/80204 Salary: Grade 5 £29,767 – £31,581 ...Apply For This Job
Job Details Grade: 9A Hourly Rate: £20.92 – £22.59 Salary: £38,180.42 – £41,228.16 per annum Contract Duration: Permanent Please note...Apply For This Job