The Joint Learning Disability Team is an integrated Health and Social Care team providing specialist learning disability services to people with a learning disability within the East Dunbartonshire area. The team is compiled of a variety of Social Work and Health Care professionals delivering an array of support interventions ranging from signposting to appropriate services to 24 hour care with appropriate levels of care and support.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who appreciates working in an environment that offers a range of practice opportunities. You will be committed to providing a high quality service which will involve assessment, care management, undertaking care plan reviews, and working alongside adults, their families, carers and other agencies to achieve quality outcomes for those involved. You will contribute to the delivery of a first rate Health and Social Care service, through adhering to the partnership’s Standards and Business Plan objectives.
You will be supported in your work through the provision of training and supervision.
You should have experience of delivering social work services within a statutory setting, and preferably hold relevant social care qualifications.
A driving licence is essential for the post.
For further information please contact Billy Henderson Team Manager on 0141-355-2200
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Job Description Social Worker (perm/full time/part time) REF: HSCP/Various Salary: Grade 8 £39,085 – £41,361 ...Apply For This Job
Job Description Social Worker (temp/part time) REF: HSCP/82607 Salary: Grade 8 £39,085 – £41,361 ...Apply For This Job
Job Description South Lanarkshire Council is an ambitious, high performing organisation with a clear vision and programme of action which...Apply For This Job
Job Advert This is an exciting time for a Senior Worker to join the Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership...Apply For This Job
Advert We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all...Apply For This Job
Job Description A Social Worker is required to undertake Assessment & Care Management and other Social Work responsibilities including liaison...Apply For This Job