Based at The Junction, Millview Cottage and Craigie Cottage , you will work part time, 24 hours per week on a rolling 2 week rota.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact Avril Clark on 01382 436743 or email [email protected]
You will have a 3 National 4s or equivalent, and the ability to undertake relevant HNC and SVQ3 and any other relevant qualification which provides evidence of academic achievement equivalent to, or above, SCQF Level 7.
You will assist in the creation and maintenance of a high quality care environment in which children and young people are offered safety and security to grow, to help children and young people to make use of services and information as appropriate to their full advantage and to assist in the promotion of effective communication by and with children and young people to this end.
As an individual the following qualities and experiences are desirable to working and sharing the life space of our young people;
• Experience of working with vulnerable young people, along with an understanding of the needs of young people living with trauma.
• Experience and understanding of working collaboratively with children and young people and their families and carers.
• Experience of working effectively in a team.
• Experience of working with young people in a residential setting is desirable but not essential.
• Be able to write review reports, risk assessment and contribute to care plans.
• You will have the ability to undertake Moving and Handling procedures and to undertake CALM procedures
• You will have the ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised and as part of a team, as well as on your own initiative.
• You will be self-reliant and committed to high standards of care for children and young people.
• You must be able to demonstrate a positive attendance record at work and high levels of reliability and punctuality.
• You will have the ability to work a three shift system including waking nights if required.
• You will have the ability to be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council within a specified timescale.
• This post is considered Regulated Work with Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by Dundee City Council.
Job Description Glasgow City Health & Social Care Partnership (GCHSCP) is recruiting 1 post of Social Worker in our fostering...Apply For This Job
Job Description Children, Education and Justice Services Residential Care OfficerAlison TCAC Service Salary: £30,732 – £35,936 (pro-rata for part time)Hours: 36...Apply For This Job
Job Description Social Care Officer – PKC10937£13,656 – £15,041 (16 Hours per week) – Fixed Term until 31 December 2024Woodlea...Apply For This Job
Job Description Social Care Officer – PKC10938£15,790 – £17,391 (18.5 Hours per week)Woodlea Cottage, Perth Woodlea Cottage (Short Breaks Service),...Apply For This Job
Advert To work together with the management team to provide a service appropriate to the needs of children aged 3-5...Apply For This Job