South Lanarkshire Council is an ambitious, high performing organisation with a clear vision and programme of action which is designed to improve the lives and prospects of everyone in South Lanarkshire.
The aim of Social Work Resources is to promote social welfare and provide effective care and support to meet the needs of vulnerable people in South Lanarkshire.
In partnership with community planning partners, voluntary and independent provider organisations, we offer a range of services designed to enable, support, improve and protect the health and social care of people using our services.
An exciting and innovating opportunity has arisen within South Lanarkshire Council’s Children and Justice Services. We are looking to employ a part time Social Worker who ideally has prior experience of working within a Justice Social Work setting.
Applicants must possess a Degree in Social Work (or Social Work equivalent) and must be registered with the SSSC. This role requires PVG clearance for regulated work with children and protected adults. South Lanarkshire Council will submit a PVG application on behalf of the preferred candidate and receipt of the subsequent PVG certificate will be required prior to commencement. Applicants will also require to be subject to level two police vetting in relation to the use of the VISOR home office system.
Applicants will require to have a developed and working knowledge of Justice Services and will require the ability to complete relevant risk assessments and should either be trained in the use of the LSCMI system or be willing to engage with the necessary training. In addition, successful candidates will have positive relationship development skills, good communication skills and will possess good organisation and time management skills.
Requirement to work as a member of the Justice Service team providing a justice social work service in South Lanarkshire within the requirements of relevant legislation, national standards, policies, and guidelines.
• To manage a justice service caseload which could include, Community Payback Orders, Probation Orders, Unpaid Work and Community Service Orders, Parole and Non-Parole Licence and Supervised Release Orders.
• Prepare a range of justice social work reports and other related reports as requested by the Court and key partner agencies.
• Complete risk assessments on all cases using the necessary risk assessment tools.
• Contribute to MAPPA and CARM processes as appropriate and to participate actively in Risk Management Case Conferences, where required.
• Participate in planned interventions and contribute to the delivery of modules from programmes that are in-keeping with the individual’s needs. .
• Undertake formal internal reviews with individuals involved with the service alongside team leaders and managers, etc and in line with required timescales.
• To use authority appropriately and constructively and, where appropriate, initiate proceedings for breach, early discharge, and transfer of statutory orders as and when appropriate and within agreed timescales.
• Provide written and oral evidence to Court and parole hearings.
• Participate in office duty provisions
• Prioritise, attend, and contribute to staff meetings, training, and service development sessions.
• Maintain concise, accurate and relevant case recording on internal systems as well as LSCMI.
• Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of service delivery involving regular self-audit processes.
• Undertake training/staff development courses to maintain registration and development, as appropriate.
• Undertake other duties appropriate to the post of qualified social worker as required.
South Lanarkshire Council require all new qualified Justice Social Workers to undertake ViSOR vetting. This allows staff to access the Home Office System that both Police and Social Work record information pertaining the management of registered sex offenders. South Lanarkshire Justice Services are committed to the use of ViSOR and its role in public protection. To use this system you require to be vetted by completing a vetting form that asks details on sensitive personal information.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
Regulated Work with Protected Adults
This post is considered Regulated Work with Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with protected adults.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
As an employee of the Council, you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
Please apply online.
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Equal Opportunities ;and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
Job Description In response to the Ukrainian humanitarian crisis we seek to recruit social care staff to assist in the...Apply For This Job
Job Advertisement Locality Worker (Permanent and Temporary) (15 Posts) 35 and 17.5 hours NLC7 £24,108 – £26,764 (Pro Rata) Based...Apply For This Job
Job Description Team Leader – PKC09264£45,349 – £48,840Social Work Unit, HMP Perth An opportunity has arisen for a full-time, Team...Apply For This Job
Job Details Grade: 9AHourly Rate: £19.89 – £21.52Salary: £36,300.67 – £39,275.42 pro rata per annumContract Duration: Permanent Please note the...Apply For This Job
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership Closing Date: Argyll & Bute Council is recruiting a part time Social Work Assistant...Apply For This Job
Job Summary An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified social worker to join the East Dunbartonshire Health & Social...Apply For This Job