The Ty Cwtch family are recruiting!
Ty Cwtch is based in beautiful Cardiff and the staff help support and educate children with both physical and learning disabilities and help them to live their best lives!
The individuals they support at Ty Cwtch love socialising with peers! They take regular trips to the farm and love visiting Cardiff Bay! They love parties and have recently celebrated their 10th Birthday! They’ve been known to dress up on Halloween and love painting and decorating too. They recently painted a family tree on one of the walls that features all the staff and management team.
They love to celebrate their staff and work excellently as a team; one team member has recently received recognition for her 45 years’ service! The manager often shares their successes with the rest of Salutem; “I am extremely proud of the work that has been produced these past weeks and the time and effort that have been put into making sure that Ty Cwtch is a worthwhile and beneficial home for the children who live in it!”
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to provide daily support to children and young people in our residential services. It’s definitely not a normal 9-5, you can work days, nights, and flexible shifts too. Talking of ‘dream’ jobs, some of our shifts are sleep-ins!
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories and friends to last a lifetime.
– Demonstrate robust leadership linking with your Registered and Deputy Managers, ensure that each individual we support has a meaningful support plan.
– Ensure there is a robust activity plan in place for each individual.
– Ensure that the views of the individual are routinely sought through regular engagement with the individual.
– Ensure where appropriate, we are supporting individuals with finances ensuring that they are supported to budget and plan their finances (through a support plan).
– Support people with their medication.
– Embody the Mental Capacity act and its key principles, with the team clearly able to articulate them.
– Through linking with your Deputy and Registered managers ensure that Health and Safety polices, and procedures are followed, which in include Fire Safety and that there is a robust environmental risk assessment in place.
– Through working with your Registered Manager and Deputy Manager, ensure that you have a team safely recruited to enable the smooth delivery of hours, and to ensure that there are measures in place for the team.
– Ensure your service is delivering an outstanding level of Care and Support by Identifying opportunities to be better, to deliver better care, support and to be innovates.
– Ensure where incidents and accident occur in the service, that these are reported and managed in line with our polices and procedure.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, and not fully encompassing of the role. You may be required to complete other duties, as deemed appropriate by the organization.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing. *Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation
So if you have a brilliant sense of humour, you can see the bright side of a situation, and you’re willing to share some good times with young people who need someone to help them through a tricky time – have a think about joining our work family and make a difference to someone's life.
Please note, due to Ofsted regulations you must be aged 23 or above to be considered for this role.
Applications close on 1st December 2022
Experienced/ Senior Children’s Qualified Social Worker, Solihull Council, £33.30ph, Child Protection, hybrid 2x Qualified Social Workers needed for Child Protection...Apply For This Job
Deputy Children’s Home Manager, Coventry City Council, Children’s Residential, Looked After Children, £18ph As Coventry City Council’s recruitment partner I...Apply For This Job
Adults- LD- Residential- Night- Solihull- £10.65 per hour Your new company Hays Social Care are looking for an experienced Support...Apply For This Job
Adults- Learning Disabilities- Residential- Days- From £10 per hour- Solihull Your new company Hays Social Care are looking for an...Apply For This Job
Potter Johnson Recruitment are pleased to be working together with a well established service providing residential care homes for vulnerable...Apply For This Job
SW Locums are searching for an accomplished Qualified Senior Social Worker with 3 years+ UK post qualifying experience with experience...Apply For This Job