This temporary post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
The temporary post holder will work as part of the Residential Team at Ferndale Children’s Services delivering high quality residential care to children and young people who require to be looked after away from home.
The temporary post holder will also be required to undertake Outreach work in the community, this will involve supporting young people and their families while they remain at home. The post holder will have responsibilities in co-ordinating outreach work.
The temporary post holder will have supervisory responsibilities over staff and will support and assist the manager in leading the team.
The temporary post holder will work in partnership with families, social workers, education and health to support children and young people to promote welfare and development and achieve best outcomes in line with ‘Getting It Right For Every Child’ and the SHANARRI principles.
The temporary post holder will contribute to the continuous achievements and improvements of Ferndale Children’s Services and Ferndale Outreach Service, participate in all inspections and deliver practice of a high standard.
There is a flexible 5/7 working rota which is planned to ensure consideration of holidays, training and outings. There is a requirement to cover day, evening, nightshift and sleepover duties during emergencies plus support the out of hours on call rota in conjunction with the senior and management team. There is also occasional requirement to work out with core daily hours or weekends dependent on the requirements of the service.
The successful candidate will hold a professional Social Work qualification at SVQ4 and/or equivalent relevant experience and commitment to undertake required qualification and any future qualification requirements as determined by SSSC. The candidate should also have HNC in Social Care or equivalent qualifications and SVQ3.
If you require any more information please contact Philip Maguire (Team Manager) or Kelly Bramley ( Depute Manager) 0141 777 3080
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Job Summary An exciting opportunity has a risen to join our Social Work Children and Families management team. he Team...Apply For This Job
Job Description To be a member of the Protection and Learning Team with the lead role to support digital media...Apply For This Job
Job Description Provide a high quality responsive Mental Health Officer service as a member of a Community Mental Health team(s)...Apply For This Job
Job Description Three full time permanent vacancies have arisen for qualified social worker within WestDunbartonshire HSCP Children & Families Team...Apply For This Job
Advert The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 30 August 2020. West Lothian Council reserve the right...Apply For This Job
Job Description What is the role? To work in partnership with the Alcohol and Drug Partnership and local services to...Apply For This Job