Senior Residential Care Worker (Children’s Residential Home)
Salary: £29,324 – £32,894 DOE
Start Date: To start as soon as possible
Contact type: Permanent and Full Time
Are you passionate about making a positive difference in a child’s life?
We are excited to be working on this new opportunity to join a well-established team at as a Senior Residential Care Worker in a fantastic children’s residential home.
The role of the Senior Residential Care Worker is to shadow the Deputy/Registered Manager wherever possible to develop personal leadership skills. This role included engaging with the children by completing tasks such as helping them work through their homework, making sure the children are up on time for school, preparing evening meals and planning activities for the children and encouraging them to participate to develop their physical and mental health and wellbeing. Administration and keeping up to date with paperwork is also involved within this role as well as ensuring the welfare and care of each child.
The contracted hours are 173hours a month, which compromises of approximately 8 sleep ins.
The successful candidate will have:
– Experience of working in a children’s residential setting
– NVQ Level 3 or above in Children and Young Peoples Workforce, Children’s Residential Care or equivalent
– Hold a valid full UK driving licence
– Have excellent communication skills
– A kind and caring personality with a good sense of humour and be able to develop relationships with children
– Be flexible to work shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep ins
– Be able to give guidance and support to the whole staff team on shift
What you will get in return:
– Competitive salaries and bonuses
– Pension schemes
– Training and development programmes, leading to accredited qualifications
– Supported career development to management level
– Access to employee discount schemes (i.e., Blue Light Card)
– Access to psychological support and wellbeing programmes
– Staff bonus based on home Ofsted rating
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
T: 0116 2615002
Social Worker Locum role within CIC team – long contracts Your new company You will be working for a large...Apply For This Job
Locum Social Worker Jobs in Children’s Services, £48 per hour Your new company A local authority in the Bournemouth area...Apply For This Job
Social Worker in CIC Team – good caseloads, good rates! Your new company A local authority in the Bournemouth area...Apply For This Job
Social Worker – Children’s Locality Team’s Your new company A large local authority in Dorset are seeking additional locum staff...Apply For This Job
Agency Social Worker – Children’s Services £42 per hour Your new company You will be working for a large local...Apply For This Job