Edinburgh Health and Social Care Partnership
Senior Practitioner (Adult Support and Protection)
Salary: £37,589 – £44,934 (pro-rata for part-time)
Hours: 20 per week
In Edinburgh, our Health and Social Care Partnership is committed to developing social work practice as well as improving service delivery. As part of this improvement, we are recruiting 2 Senior Practitioners (Adult Support and Protection)
These posts are dedicated to the improvement of practice in this vital aspect of public protection. Post holders will be experienced social work professionals who have a proven track record in adult protection work. The Adult Protection Senior Practitioners will be responsible for
• chairing Adult Protection Case Conferences
• participating and supporting the IRD quality assurance review process (no direct role in IRDs)
• participating in case consultations
• being a member of the Learning and Development sub group of the Adult Protection Committee, working to organise, design and deliver adult support and protection training in localities
• reviewing the quality of statutory decision making, recording and evidence based social work practice
• supporting quality assurance activity in localities
• supporting locality teams to ensure the actions generated from local and national inquiries are implemented
• promoting high standards of practice in adult protection social work
Due to the breadth and complexity of issues relating to adult protection work, these post holders will not hold direct case management or line management responsibility. However, they will be central to challenging practice as well as leading and supporting service improvement.
Applicants must hold a Diploma in Social Work or equivalent and be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council as social workers
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
Advert Based in Various School locations around Renfrewshire. This post offers an exciting opportunity to support children, young people and...Apply For This Job
Advert East Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership have been on a journey to redesign services so that the voices...Apply For This Job
Job Description Three full time permanent vacancies have arisen for qualified social worker within WestDunbartonshire HSCP Children & Families Team...Apply For This Job
Advert Based in Older People Community Mental Health Team, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Ward 38, PA2 9PJ You will provide assessment...Apply For This Job
Job Description What is the role? To promote and protect the welfare of vulnerable people by comprehensively assessing individual need,...Apply For This Job
Job Description What is the role? You will be part of a small team working to support families within the...Apply For This Job