Come and join one of the UK’s largest providers of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Physiotherapist to join our friendly team at Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre in York.
Woodlands is a specialist Level 2 purpose-built neurorehabilitation facility, rated as GOOD by the Care Quality Commission. Set on a 3.5-acre plot, surrounded by mature woodlands and well-maintained grounds, we support up to 26 patients with acquired brain injury, traumatic brain injury, severe neurological conditions, complex stroke, and spinal cord injury. We are part of the wider Active Care Group Neuro Network (consisting of 25+ sites nationally) and we focus on the use of clinical expertise, innovation, and technology to meet patients’ expectations of their rehabilitation goals.
The interdisciplinary team, led by a Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine, delivers high-quality and intensive neurological rehabilitation; physical, cognitive, functional, and vocational assessments; behavioural management and complex disability assessments for adults.
Patients benefit from access to our neuro-specialist team consisting of a Junior Doctor, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Physiotherapists, Therapy Technicians, specialist Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants.
This is an exciting opportunity in a growing diverse sector for an enthusiastic and dynamic Senior Physiotherapist to utilise and develop skills that complement working in neurological rehabilitation. If you are an experienced Physiotherapist, looking to make a difference in a rewarding role, we want to hear from you.
Are you thinking about applying but have some questions? We would love the opportunity to meet you, answer any questions, and tell you about the work we do. To arrange an informal visit, please contact us on (phone number removed).
What you'll be working:
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
What you'll be doing:
You will provide specialist neurological physiotherapy assessment and individualised treatment for an adult inpatient group with complex, acquired neurological disorders such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and neurodegenerative diseases.
The successful candidate will:
* Have extensive and varied experience working as a band 5, or previous experience as a band 6 physiotherapist, with a keen interest in developing their neurological rehabilitation skill and competency
* Have experience of managing a complex caseload of patients, utilising clinical reasoning skills to assess, diagnose and implement appropriate physiotherapy management plans
* Be able to work as an autonomous practitioner, managing a complex caseload and as part as a wider interdisciplinary team, including joint working with a range of other disciplines
* Develop enhanced skills and maintain CPD through self-directed learning, clinical supervision, mentorship and structured training sessions with physiotherapy colleagues and the interdisciplinary team
* Be responsible for the development, and clinical training and supervision of junior physiotherapist, physiotherapy students, rehabilitation assistants, therapy technicians and peers
* Support the Clinical Lead Physiotherapist and the Head of Therapies in delivering Woodland’s therapy rehabilitation processes and developing the service
What you'll have:
* HCPC registration
* A degree in Physiotherapy, as recognised by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
* Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and ability to implement in clinical practice.
* Knowledge of current Health Policies both local and national in Health, Social Care.
* The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS.
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
What to look forward to:
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* Birthday off
* Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
* Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
* Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
* A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
* Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
* We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
* Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
* Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
* ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group
Please only apply if you have previous experience in a support worker type role and you have a Full UK...Apply For This Job
Come and join one of the UK’s largest providers of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no...Apply For This Job
We are working in partnership with a provider of children’s services and have a permanent opportunity for a Residential Children's...Apply For This Job
Working 4 days on 4 days off, based on 36 hours per week, hours are approximately 10 p.m. to 8:30...Apply For This Job
Senior Care Assistant – Southport (Ref – EH61034) Our client in Southport is an established residential home, which provides person-centred...Apply For This Job
Qualified Adults Social Worker | Community Team | Bootle Qualified Adults Social Worker / Social Work Professional required to join...Apply For This Job