Senior Autism Practitioner – Edinburgh and West Lothian
Temporary full-time position
Salary: £11.54 an hour
Locum PAYE position, plus holiday pay and pension
The Social Care Community Partnership are currently recruiting for a Senior Autism Practitioner for a well-respected charity based in West Lothian.
The Senior Practitioner will manage 2-3 large care packages for people with autism in their own tenancies, this includes supervising practitioners and undertaking audits regarding medication administration and service user financial expenditure.
This is a full time position with office weekday hours, however some flexibility with evening and weekend work is required. Access to a car is preferable due to travelling between sites to support practitioners.
• Provide leadership to the team acting as a positive role model.
• Motivate, support and mentor staff to ensure good team work and provide effective supervision to your team members.
• Ensure service users receive tailored person-centred support which meets and improves their health and wellbeing needs.
• An understanding of how to put principles of dignity, choice, independence, privacy, rights and fulfillment into practice.
• Manage rotas on a daily basis to ensure a consistently high-quality service is being provided.
• Organised and meticulous with an ability to maintain effective record keeping systems.
• To undertake audits regarding medication administration, service user financial expenditure and health and safety relating to coronavirus protocols.
Qualifications and experience
• Experience of working with people with autism.
• SVQ3 in Social Services and Healthcare or equivalent.
• Full driving license is preferable.
For more information about this job opportunity, please submit your CV to The Social Care Community Partnership at [email protected] or contact Martin Brownjohn or Steve More on 0131 202 9933 for a confidential discussion.
Due to the volume of interest, we will unfortunately be unable to contact people who have not been short-listed.
About The Social Care Community Partnership:
The Social Care Community Partnership is Scotland’s premier social care recruitment agency, sourcing and placing Social Care professionals, support staff and administrators throughout Scotland and the rest of the UK. We have Investors in People Gold Award Status and Investors in Young People Award.
Advert 30 hrs per week, salary pro rata + 14% shift allowance The closing date for this post is provisionally...Apply For This Job
Job Summary During Covid-19, we are taking the opportunity to work in different ways and this includes how we continue...Apply For This Job
Job Description It is East Lothian Council’s policy that successful applicants will be placed on the first point of the...Apply For This Job
Advertisement Details The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. ...Apply For This Job
Job Description Lead, as a key worker, in the provision of person centred care with holistic support of individuals, in...Apply For This Job