Craig Y Parc school are looking to employ a highly skilled, dynamic and caring, nurse for 40 hours a week.
Craig y Parc is a wonderfully warm and vibrant school community where pupils and young adults come to learn, live and get the most out of life. We support students with complex, neurological and multi-disabilities, including cerebral palsy.
Despite their disabilities, the children we support live life to the max. In addition to providing education, therapy and care, we make sure we have lots of fun too. It’s common to find us doing lots of arts and crafts to celebrate events throughout the year, from Harvest Festival, Diwali, and Halloween, to Easter and Christmas! We also enjoy sensory and relaxation activities, and especially love all the melting, mixing, fizzing, and exploding that comes with doing science experiments. This really doesn’t sound like work does it? But the job you do could make the biggest difference, as you could be the reason our young people are able to live their best lives, and live a life to love, despite all their daily challenges.
The post holder will provide nursing care to children and young people who have additional / complex needs with Craig y Parc Special School.
The post holder will
* Provide nursing advice of a high quality which is child and family centred within the special school setting to all who engage with the child on a day-to-day basis.
* Provide nursing care / advice, which is flexible and responsive to the needs of the child within the school environment.
* Be responsible for writing the health care plans for the children and young people liaising with specialists and consultants where appropriate.
* Work in collaboration and partnership with other agencies who deliver services to children and young people – Local Education Authority and Social Services working within agreed procedures and protocols.
* Possess the ability to delegate appropriately to school staff in line with delegation guidelines.
* Adhere to Welsh Government, Salutem and School policies in relation to Medicines Management, whilst providing guidance and support to staff where appropriate.
* Be accountable for own professional actions and maintain clear, concise, and accurate documentation in line with NMC record keeping standards.
* Support the assessment and management of an acutely unwell child / young person whilst liaising with education staff and parent / carer.
* Participate in the planning and delivery of training packages for all staff within the school environment
* Provision emotional and nursing support for children with life limiting conditions, seeking specialist advice, information and support from specialist nurses and required.
* Attend clinical supervisions to ensure own personal and professional development is planned and achieved in line with NMC revalidation requirements.
* Provide input and support to Health and MDT clinics within the school environment, providing reports as necessary.
* Adhere to All Wales and Craig Y Parc Safeguarding and Child Protection policies.
All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy. The successful applicant will join a strong, caring and well-established team. Craig Y Parc is a forward thinking, exciting, vibrant and rewarding place to work. We are committed to high standards and have a strong sense of community.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too
Your new company Are you highly motivated dynamic individuals to join our client’s Social Care and Housing Adult Services. Our...Apply For This Job
Hays Social Care are looking for passionate and positive support workers in the Rochdale area! Are you a passionate and...Apply For This Job
25hrs + Bank Care Assistants – Elderly Residential Care 25hrs + Bank Care Assistants – Elderly Residential Care Bank Care...Apply For This Job
Hays are working with one of the UK leading Housing Associations who are recruiting a number of positions. Your new...Apply For This Job
Hays are working with one of the UK leading Housing Associations who are recruiting a number of positions. Young Persons...Apply For This Job
We are looking for passionate support workers to work at a Young Persons Residential Service in the Nottinghamshire area. As...Apply For This Job