The post holder will work as part of the Residential team at Ferndale Children’s Services delivering high quality residential care to children and young people who require to be looked after away from home on a full time 35 hour per week contract.
The post holder will also be required to undertake Outreach work in the community, this will involve supporting young people and their families while they remain at home.
The post holder will work in partnership with families, social workers, education and health to support children and young people to promote welfare and development and achieve best outcomes in line with ‘Getting It Right For Every Child’ and the SHANARRI principles.
The post holder will contribute to the continuous achievements and improvements of Ferndale Children’s Services and Ferndale Outreach Service, participate in all inspections and deliver practice of a high standard.
There is a flexible 5/7 working rota which is planned to ensure consideration of holidays, training and outings. There is a requirement to cover day, evening, nightshift and sleepover duties during emergencies. There is also occasional requirement to work out with core daily hours or weekends dependent on the requirements of the service.
The post holder will hold an HNC Social Care and a full SVQ 3 in Social Care or equivalent qualifications as set by Scottish Social Services Council to register as a residential childcare worker.
If you require any more information please contact Kelly Bramley (Depute Manager ) or ( Unit Manager ) Philip Maguire 0141 777 3080.
Philip Maguire, Manager, Ferndale Children’s Residential Service, East Dunbartonshire Council, Tel: 0141 777 3080, Fax: 0141 777 3080,e-mail: [email protected]
Successful candidates will be notified of interviews via Talentlink email.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Department: Health and social Care Partnership Closing Date: Friday 15th December 2023 An opportunity has arisen for a suitable experienced practitioner...Apply For This Job
Job Description FIXED TERM FOR 2 YEARS To ensure the development, implementation and delivery of a multi-agency strategic approach to...Apply For This Job
Job Description Social Worker (perm/full time) REF: HSCP/80533 Salary: Grade 8 £41,439 – £43,870 Location: Princes St House, Port Glasgow...Apply For This Job
Job Description Social Work Assistant (temp/full time) REF: HSCP/80158 Salary: Grade 5 £29,767 – £31,581 ...Apply For This Job
Job Details Grade: 7A Hourly Rate: £20.92 – £22.59 Salary: £29,992.20 – £33,021.70 pro rata per annum Contract Duration: Temporary...Apply For This Job
Job Description South Lanarkshire Council is an ambitious, high performing organisation with a clear vision and programme of action which...Apply For This Job