My Client in West Sussex is looking for an experienced Residential Children's Homes, Team Leader.
The role will be to support and assist the management team in the day-to-day care of the children, ensuring the staff are compliant with the appropriate legislation, policies and procedures.
As the Residential Team Leader you will have responsibility for leading on key areas within the home, this may include health and safety, rotas, medication and training.
You will formally supervise a team of staff, leading shifts and overseeing key working. You will ensure that staff provide the highest standard of care to children and role model excellent practice within the home.
The role requires you to work a variety of shift patterns, including evenings, weekends and ‘sleep-ins’. There will also be a requirement to be a part of a rolling ‘on-call’ rota.
What you’ll need to succeed
Be able to build and maintain trust and rapport with children and staff
Be able to inspire and motivate others to achieve their full potential, for both children and staff
Be a positive role model in your interactions with children and those around them
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent qualification.
• Developing knowledge of a childcare related specialism.
• Experience of working within internal policies and procedures and statutory responsibilities e.g. Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and Social Care Inspection Framework.
Required experience and skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
1. Ability to assess, plan and undertake risk assessments for individual children, ensuring the needs of all children are met.
2. Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise advice and specialist guidance to a range of staff, Children, and other professionals.
3. Ability to provide clear professional practice guidance to staff, challenging poor practice and ensuring high standards are maintained.
4. Ability to effectively manage the time and priorities of self and others
5. Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and make sound pragmatic decisions.
6. Good literacy and IT skills to be able to maintain children’s records, write reports, emails, supervision records, etc.
If you think you meet these requirements please contact me asap!
This job is subject to a DBS check.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
Crown Heath Associates acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment
Senior Support Worker – Children’s Residential Your new company A small independent company offering a children’s residential setting which promotes...Apply For This Job
Support Worker Children’s Residential Job Title: Residential Support Worker Responsible to: The Registered Manager Experience – Ideally at least 12...Apply For This Job
Children’s Night Shift Support Worker – Pontypool Your new company This organisation supports and nurtures 8 – 18 year olds...Apply For This Job
Support Worker, Recovery Worker, Family Support Worker jobs, Support Worker jobs The role: I am currently recruiting for a Support...Apply For This Job
Warrington Hospital Discharge Support Full-Time flexible working Permanent contract, immediate start Your new company You will be working with a...Apply For This Job