Support worker role in Adult Residential care home
Location: Milton Keynes
Supporting our tenants (and other people using our services) to fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control.
Reporting to: Team Leader
1. Working under the direction of the Team Leader, plan and provide support and care to foster the wellbeing and development of tenants in accordance with their person centred support and care plan, recording and reviewing progress as directed, so that tenants can fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control by, for example, supporting tenants to:
encourage and support the tenants to maintain clean, tidy and welcoming living environment
support tenants to use appropriate laundry equipment so they can be enabled to do their laundry and clothing so they have suitable and clean clothing to wear
plan, shop and prepare healthy and wholesome meals alongside the tenants and taking into account their choices and wishes
support tenants to be healthy by assisting them to arrange and attend medical appointments
enable tenants to look after their finances by supporting them on an individual basis to budget, monitor their finances and access benefits
support and encourage tenants to maintain an active and supportive social life taking into account individual choices and wishes
access training, work and support
2. Working under the direction of the Team Leader, provide personal care to tenants where required and appropriate as part of their support and care plan (eg. bathing, hair washing etc) and where the appropriate registration is in place.
3. Working under the direction of the Team Leader, ensure tenants receive their housing related support by enabling tenants to look after their finances (developing appropriate budgeting and financial training including support to access benefits and maintain them and assist them to understand and maintain their tenancy) and assisting tenants to access services from the landlord including to access maintenance services and reporting non-functioning safety and security measures.
4. Undertake such other tasks as required by the Team Leader to develop and maintain the high quality of service required and fulfil the community’s vision.
5. Work within the community’s policies and procedures and code of conduct and actively promote the equality and diversity and the human right of tenants to realise independence, choice, inclusion and control.
6. Undertake training and continuous professional development in accordance with the needs of the service and the tenants.
7. Undertake personal development to develop and understanding of our philosophy and values and how these inform and guide practice in the key responsibilities of the role
Skills and knowledge
Working knowledge of risk assessment, health and safety, support and care plans, safeguarding, person centred planning, equalities and human rights desirable.
Being supportive of our values and philosophy and our approach to building community is desirable for this role.
Role: Locality Manager (Area Manager) Location: Gloucestershire Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum + benefits & car allowance Service: Adults...Apply For This Job
Great Care Coordinator Opportunity Your new company My client is looking for a passionate Care Coordinator to join their dedicated...Apply For This Job
Children’s Support Worker in Wakefield, flexible hours and competitive salary. Wakefield – Residential Support Worker – Children’s EBD Rewarding Support...Apply For This Job
Respite Support Worker Job – Eastbourne – Child Care Your new company Join a company who delivers specialist home care...Apply For This Job
Housing Support Worker in Leeds, flexible hours and competitive. We are seeking exceptional support workers to work with some of...Apply For This Job
Support Worker Job, Children with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties – Temp to Perm – £10 per hour Your new company...Apply For This Job