Support worker role in am Adult Residential care home
Supporting our tenants (and other people using our services) to fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control.
Reporting to: Team Leader
1. Working under the direction of the Team Leader, plan and provide support and care to foster the wellbeing and development of tenants in accordance with their person centred support and care plan, recording and reviewing progress as directed, so that tenants can fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control by, for example, supporting tenants to:
encourage and support the tenants to maintain clean, tidy and welcoming living environment
support tenants to use appropriate laundry equipment so they can be enabled to do their laundry and clothing so they have suitable and clean clothing to wear
plan, shop and prepare healthy and wholesome meals alongside the tenants and taking into account their choices and wishes
support tenants to be healthy by assisting them to arrange and attend medical appointments
enable tenants to look after their finances by supporting them on an individual basis to budget, monitor their finances and access benefits
support and encourage tenants to maintain an active and supportive social life taking into account individual choices and wishes
access training, work and support
2. Working under the direction of the Team Leader, provide personal care to tenants where required and appropriate as part of their support and care plan (eg. bathing, hair washing etc) and where the appropriate registration is in place.
3. Working under the direction of the Team Leader, ensure tenants receive their housing related support by enabling tenants to look after their finances (developing appropriate budgeting and financial training including support to access benefits and maintain them and assist them to understand and maintain their tenancy) and assisting tenants to access services from the landlord including to access maintenance services and reporting non-functioning safety and security measures.
4. Undertake such other tasks as required by the Team Leader to develop and maintain the high quality of service required and fulfil the community’s vision.
5. Work within the community’s policies and procedures and code of conduct and actively promote the equality and diversity and the human right of tenants to realise independence, choice, inclusion and control.
6. Undertake training and continuous professional development in accordance with the needs of the service and the tenants.
7. Undertake personal development to develop and understanding of our philosophy and values and how these inform and guide practice in the key responsibilities of the role
Skills and knowledge
Working knowledge of risk assessment, health and safety, support and care plans, safeguarding, person centred planning, equalities and human rights desirable.
Being supportive of our values and philosophy and our approach to building community is desirable for this role.
Children’s support worker in Dewsbury, flexible hours and competitive salary. CHILDREN’S RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER Previous experience of working with Children...Apply For This Job
Children’s Support Worker in Bradford, flexible hours and competitive salary. Bradford – Residential Care Worker – Children’s EBD We are...Apply For This Job
Children’s Support Worker in Leeds, flexible hours and competitive salary. Leeds – Residential Support Worker – Children’s EBD Rewarding Support...Apply For This Job
Housing Support Worker in Wakefield, flexible hours and competitive salary. We are seeking exceptional support workers to work with some...Apply For This Job
Housing Support Worker in Bradford, flexible hours and competitive pay. We are seeking exceptional support workers to work with some...Apply For This Job