Relief – Variable, as required hours per week
All those employed within the CrossReach Children andamp; Family Services will, with a commitment to our Christian values, work as part of a holistic team to deliver a service that ensures that the needs of the children, young people and their families that we support, are fully met. You will be expected to work to the highest professional standards of those working within the Children’s workforce and adhere to professional codes of practice of SSSC, GTCS and other relevant professional bodies; ensuring that the aims and objectives of CrossReach and those specific to Children andamp; Family Services and the section within which you are based are met
All adults within our services, regardless of specific job remit andamp; role, have a responsibility to promote a Therapeutic Environment and contribute to the Relational Health of children and young people in our services and have an understanding of how their role contributes. The following values and attributes are applicable to all those employed within Children andamp; Family services and not solely to those whose primary role is to support the direct care and education of children and young people.
In undertaking your role you will be expected to demonstrate, from an asset/strengths based approach the following core principles
Inclusion: Understanding that our role is to ‘include’ those who, for whatever reason, have been ‘excluded’ from the mainstream of our society through
Relational Health: understanding the impact of our relationships and interactions with those around us, including
Advocating: Understanding that our role is to ensure that all needs are met
The above core attributes takes cognisance of CrossReach Values
To meet the care needs of children and young people, as their Children andamp; Young Person Care Mentor: GIRFEC Support Practitioner you will:
1. Ensure that children andamp; young people’s primary care needs are fully met
2. Support Key-worker to meet needs of individual children and young people. This will include working in partnership with the child, young person, their family and other support agencies.
3. Contribute to Assessment of needs and development of Individual care andamp; education plans, risk assessments,
4.Support the implementation of strategies that support care andamp; education plans
5. Promote and strengthen Relational health through actively developing and role modelling positive and genuine relationships, using the principles of Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity, Empathy [P.A.C.E.]
6. Promote equality for all individuals.
7. Undertake core training which will enhance your skills in meeting children’s andamp; young people needs, strengthen relationships and enable you to confidently manage challenging events and behaviours
8. Promote communication with children and young people where there are communication difficulties.
9. Support children and young people when they are emotionally, psychologically and socially isolated and distressed.
10. Support children and young people to be actively included in their family and community
11. Empower children and young people to make use of available services and information.
12. Contribute to the health, well being, safety and security of children and young people and their environment. This includes following policy and protocols such as:
13. Promote the health andamp; well-being of all young people within a professional Christian framework in a sensitive caring manner, affording them dignity and respect.
14. Actively promote, participate and support children andamp; young people to develop home management skills, by undertaking the following tasks:
15. Contribute information for Assessment, LAAC Reviews, Children’s Hearings reports and any other relevant meetings.
16. Work a flexible pattern of shifts over the period of a rota and participate in additional hours of duty if required, including any sleepover shifts allocated to you.
17. Undertake any other duties or responsibilities that may be required from time to time.
18. Actively promote, support and participate with children and young people in their learning opportunities within the 24 hour Curriculum, through the whole day.
19. Actively participate with and involve children and young people in physical activities, hobbies and interests that enhances their health and wellbeing and strengthens their relational health with others.
19. Accompany children and young people to various events and meetings off site i.e. family visits, activities, health appointments, review meetings, etc
PLANNING andamp; DEVELOPMENT
As part of the staff team to play an active part in the formulation of a yearly plan. Thereafter to be committed to working towards meeting the objectives identified.
Through the direction of the Team Leader to be committed to ensuring that Quality Assurance Systems are adhered to. To maintain an awareness of commitment to the Scottish Social Services Codes of Practise.
To register with the Scottish Social Services Council and be committed to ongoing professional development in line with the requirements of the SSSC Codes of Practice.
To participate in staff development programme and attend meetings, training courses and seminars as required.
To maintain professional standards andamp; responsibility for ensuring that you meet minimum standards required for SSSC registration
FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT
To ensure that client records are maintained in line with the CrossReach policies.
To contribute to the maintenance of systems to gather, record and store information/data.
To be responsible for accurate reporting and recording of information contained within
To ensure that all communication is accurate and timely with
Manage any financial requirements of the young people cared for within the agreed systems.
To ensure that all information relating to service users is kept strictly confidential in line with CrossReach Policy and the Data Protection Act 1998.
To support management team in the promotion of services and to maintain close working relationships, as required, with all relevant professionals involved in the care of children, young people and their families, maintaining effective communication and co-operation with relatives and friend of children andamp; young peoples.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship
Facilitate SU’s to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice as required by the role).
Relief – Variable, as required hours per week Main Function All those employed within the CrossReach Children andamp; Family Services...Apply For This Job