Relief – Variable, as required hours per week
The general task required of Relief Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
1. Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
2. Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
3. Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users illness or/at the end of life.
4. Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
5. Ensure that service users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
6. Ensure that service users clothing and effects are personalised and maintained to a high standard.
7. Assist with monitoring and reviewing service users nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
8. Answer emergency bells, the door and telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
9. Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
10. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
11. Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).