Do you have experience in supporting adults with learning disabilities and seeking a new opportunity?
Your new company
Hays Social Care are working alongside a national provider to aid the recruitment for a registered manager for one of their supported living services in Gloucester.
The home is situated on the outskirts of Gloucester town and has capacity to support 12 adults with learning disabilities and complex needs. At present the home supports 11 residents with a 12th moving in shortly.
The home currently coordinates over 1600 hours of care split across 45 staff members.
While most of the residents are supported on a 1:1 basis, some of the residents are 2:1 within the community.
Your new role
Taking on the position of Registered manager you will be responsible for ensuring the safe and smooth running of the home on a daily basis. One key focus area will be the development of the service and ensuring that the residents are exceeding expectations and their abilities enhanced.
You will provide effective leadership in the delivery of a professional service, which not only providers a safe and supportive environment but also dedicated to a personalised approach in supporting individuals to develop the skills required to be as independent as possible.
You will promote and work to the companies values:
* Positive, Empowering, Innovative, Friendly and Person Centred
* You will be responsible for the management of staff including; recruitment, induction, retention, supervision, appraisal, training, attendance management, following any disciplinary procedures.
* Manage relationships with external professionals including local commissioning teams, social workers and community teams.
* Ensure a creative and problem-solving approach to ensure timely response to multi-site management issues.
* Adhere to local safeguarding and regulatory guidelines
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will have:
* At least 2 years of management experience in care
* Experience in the private care sector within the last 3 year years
* Relevant post-graduate qualification, professional qualification, or a diploma in Management
* Have proven experience of management and supervision of a large budget and activities of budget holders
* Experience of support living services
What you’ll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary ranging from £28,000 – £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
* Career progression path within the company
* Competitive rates of pay
* Employee assistance helpline
* Flexible additional holiday purchase scheme
* DBS check paid for prior to joining the company
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.