Come and join the UK's largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people – no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Lead Physiotherapist to join our fantastic team at the Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre in York. This is a fixed term contract for 6 to 9 months.
Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre is a specialist Level 2 purpose-built neurorehabilitation facility set on a 3.5 acre plot surrounded by mature woodlands and well maintained grounds and provides care for up to 26 patients. The site is part of the wider Active Care Group Neuro Network (consisting of 25+ sites) nationally and we focus on the use of clinical expertise, innovation and technology to meet patient’s expectations of rehabilitation goals and we were most recently rated as GOOD by the Care Quality Commission.
The team delivers high-quality and intensive neurological rehabilitation; physical, cognitive, functional and vocational assessments; behavioural management and complex disability assessments for adults.
We support patients with acquired brain injury, traumatic brain injury, severe neurological conditions, complex stroke and spinal cord injury.
The interdisciplinary team is led by a Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine. Patients benefit from access to our neuro-specialist team consisting of a Junior Doctor, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Physiotherapists, Therapy Technicians, specialist Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants.
What you'll be working:
* Working Monday – Friday, 9am until 5pm
* 37.5 Hours per week
What you'll be doing:
* Work as the lead of the Physiotherapy Therapy team, developing and providing an efficient and effective Physiotherapy service for clients with brain injury and neurological conditions, within an inpatient rehabilitation service.
* Ensure the provision of a high-quality physiotherapy service and its place within the multidisciplinary team
* Manage the Physiotherapy service in relation to staffing, service and organisational issues
* Ensure accurate documentation of assessment, treatment and outcome measures across the whole department are maintained
* Lead and undertake research and audit activity within the Physiotherapy department and across the service at the request of the Head of Therapies
* Coordinate the induction and training of all new Physiotherapy staff, Physiotherapy students and participate in the induction and training of wider multi-disciplinary team members and key stake holders
* Work as an autonomous practitioner complying with standards set by the regulated body (Health Care Professional Council), Professional body (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) and centre policies
* Liaise with family, carers and significant others where appropriate to ensure patient’s needs are met to a high standard
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the multi-disciplinary care team and senior professional and managerial staff
* Keep people safe from any harm and protect their human rights
What you'll have:
* BSc/MSc Physiotherapy
* HCPC and CSP registration
* Specialist skills in neurorehabilitation that can be applied to neurologically impaired clients.
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
What to look forward to:
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* Birthday off
* Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
* Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
* Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
* A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
* Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
* We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
* Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
* Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
* ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group
Assisted Living Facility – Registered Manager £36,358 pro rata + Monthly Bonus 6-month maternity leave cover Working hours: Week 1...Apply For This Job
Kickstart Your Career! Trainee Health & Social Care Assessor Wanted! Ready to turn your passion for health and social care...Apply For This Job
Health & Social Care Assessor Wanted! Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives? Do you thrive on...Apply For This Job
We are seeking to appoint 2x qualified Social Workers for ongoing local authority contracts within adult social care, to support...Apply For This Job
Your new role… Our talented care colleagues make an incredible difference in our residents’ lives, providing the highest standard of...Apply For This Job
Rehabilitation Support Worker Newcastle Upon Tyne Part-time / Flexible working position Day shifts and sleeps £13.00+ per hour depending on...Apply For This Job