This post is critical to the effective operation of the East Dunbartonshire Child Protection Committee. As Lead Officer you will play a key role in providing professional advice and support to the Committee. You will also be responsible for developing plans for the Committee and ensuring the delivery of the plans whilst working effectively with key partners. You will also be responsible for developing a multi-agency approach to Child Protection training.
An experienced social work professional with substantial experience in a child protection, you should be able to demonstrate an ability to work across a range of agencies to identify opportunities for service improvements which will result in better outcomes for children. You should also be able to demonstrate initiative, be flexible and inclusive in your approach and have the ability to work independently.
The post is full time and temporary. Interviews will take take place on the morning of 11th March.
If you require more information about the post please contact Claire Carthy via email.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
Job Description Based at either Logan Cottage, Brambles Cottages, James Chalmers Road, Arbroath; or Rowan Cottage, Brambles Cottages, James Chalmers...Apply For This Job
Job Description To manage/supervise Social Work improvement and modernisation plan and delegation of Social Work Services to the Moray IJB...Apply For This Job
Advertisement Details The Registered Manager for Children’s Residential Services is part of the Children’s Social Work service, and reports to...Apply For This Job
Job Description Post Title: Support Worker (Care and Protection) Location: WickHours: 37 hours per weekDuration: ...Apply For This Job
Permanent Social Work Vacancies in West Sussex, various teams and locations available – competitive salaries Your new company A local...Apply For This Job