This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note this post is temporary until March 2024.
Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
East Dunbartonshire Council’s Housing Service is looking for a Landlord Registration Officer to:
• Develop and administer East Dunbartonshire Council’s Landlord Registration and Short-term Let scheme to ensure the Council meets its statutory responsibilities as set out by the Scottish Government
• Promote and support landlord accreditation, mortgage to rent scheme and the private landlord forum in line with legislation and good practice
• Develop and promote alternative accommodation options to public sector housing to enable the Council to achieve good practice in Housing Options
• Support the performance of the Housing Team through a culture of team work and flexibility, contributing to the overall success of the Council
• Work to continuously improve service delivery and performance of the Housing Team
You should ideally have Housing/Homelessness experience, be capable of undertaking research, be self-motivated, flexible and customer/team focused.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Job Description Accommodation Assistant, Greyfriars House – PKC09684 £23,631 – £25,903 55 Princes Street, Perth PH2 8LJ Greyfriars House is...Apply For This Job
Job Description Location: Cambuslang Gate Hours: 14 hours per week As a Support Officer you will be responsible for delivering...Apply For This Job
Job Advertisement North Lanarkshire Council, as one of Scotland’s largest local authorities, is leading an exciting and ambitious regeneration programme...Apply For This Job
Exciting social care job opportunity- Waking Night Support Worker in Newhaven Waking Night Support Worker Are you passionate about transforming...Apply For This Job
Job Description The Area Housing Officer (AHO) will be responsible for the front-line delivery of the Council’s housing services. Requirements...Apply For This Job
Advert This post is internal and open to employees of Renfrewshire Council only. The Housing Investment Team has responsibility...Apply For This Job