East Dunbartonshire Adult and Child Protection Committees
You will be a highly experienced and skilled person with an understanding of current Child and Adult Protection issues, legislation and policy, along with a demonstrable interest in promoting partnership approaches to safeguarding the wellbeing of children and adults at risk of harm.
You will be educated to degree level and preferably have a relevant professional qualification. As well as extensive experience of partnership working at a senior level within a public or third sector organisation, you also have the ability to demonstrate effective chairing, communication and collaborative working skills and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement. Digital skills and the ability to use video conferencing facilities are essential.
As Independent Convenor of both the Adult and Child Protection Committees, you will chair Committee meetings. You will provide effective strategic leadership and direction to the Committees in carrying out their core functions as laid out in legislation and guidance. You will ensure that the work and priorities of the Committees closely link with relevant strategic and operational structures at both local and national levels. You will attend the Public Protection Chief Officer Group to present and reflect the work of the Committees and contribute to the wider public protection priorities of the Community Planning Partnership.
The role will be for a two year term. We anticipate a commitment of twenty days per year.
Remuneration is set at £250 per day pro rata plus travel expenses.
Please contact Caroline Sinclair on 0141 304 7435 for further information and an informal discussion about the role.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Job Description An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Community Mental Health Team for a qualified Social Worker. The post...Apply For This Job
Job Summary The post holder will work as part of the Residential team at Ferndale Children’s Services delivering high quality...Apply For This Job