Service: Development and Economic Growth
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th September 2021
We are seeking a key frontline member of staff to join our area Housing Team in Lomond.
The post holder will:
• Implement the Local Housing Strategy through provision of advice on housing options which support independent living and improve property condition.
· provide appropriate support, advice and assistance to owners, tenants and landlords seeking Council intervention on issues of maintenance and repair of private sector houses
· Ensure that the Council fulfils its statutory obligations to homeless people in terms of provision of temporary accommodation
· Assess applications to the Housing Service in terms of the Scheme of Assistance
· Engage with owner occupiers and private landlords to promote and deliver housing options information and advice
· Pro-actively engage with partners to meet housing needs
• Manage Private Sector Housing Grant case lists including assessment and recommendation for financial assistance, payments of grants and small scale default works.
• Survey houses against the legislative standards (BTS, RS and SHQS), provide appropriate advice to owners, tenants and landlords and recommend appropriate actions in terms of the LHS and scheme of assistance.
• Liaise with Care and Repair and the OT Service on the provision of adaptations for older and disabled people.
• Manage furnished temporary accommodation with a minimum loss of rental income, whilst ensuring that the accommodation is maintained to a satisfactory letting standard.
• Instruct repairs to furnished temporary accommodation in accordance with the terms of the tenancy agreement.
· Verify and input data for housing systems.
· Participate in the out of hours response service when necessary to meet the requirements of the service.
The housing service has operated as a virtual service during the Covid pandemic and at the present time staff continue to work from home.
This is a permanent, full time post, 35 hrs per week, worked Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with an hour for lunch.
The successful candidate will meet the following Essential Criteria:
· 3 Highers or equivalent City and Guilds
· Experience of front line customer service
· Knowledge of building maintenance
· Knowledge of housing legislation
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organisational skills
· Awareness of customer focused service delivery
It is desirable that the post holder has:
· Accredited Housing Qualification and Professional Development Award in Housing Advice Level 7.
· Chartered Institute of Housing qualification
· Construction and/or building maintenance related experience.
· Knowledge of private sector housing grants and common repairs obligations.
This post is not suitable for job share
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is Iona MacPhail, Team Lead Housing Operations, 01631700050 [email protected].
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
Leaving Care Support Workers required in Huddersfield! Competitive and weekly pay! JOB DESCRIPTION Children’s Leaving Care Support Worker Shift Times...Apply For This Job
Job Summary Temporary until 1st February 2023 During Covid-19, we are taking the opportunity to work in different ways and...Apply For This Job
Housing Support Worker in Wakefield, flexible hours and competitive salary. We are seeking exceptional support workers to work with some...Apply For This Job
Support Worker – Housing – Domestic Abuse – Sandwell – Temporary to Permanent Opportunity – From £11 per hour Your...Apply For This Job
Estate Manager required to join Midland Hearts central team, working in Coventry and Rugby. Your new company Midland Heart are...Apply For This Job
Vacancy Information It is East Lothian Council’s policy that successful applicants will be placed on the first point of the salary scale....Apply For This Job