This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note this post is temporary to cover maternity leave for a period of six months initially or until the current post holder returns.
East Dunbartonshire Council’s Housing Service is looking for a Homelessness Adviser (Rapid Rehousing) to:
.You should be educated to degree level and/or hold a level 4 housing qualification, have Housing/Homelessness experience, be capable of undertaking research, be self-motivated, flexible and customer/team focused.
If you require an informal discussion about the above post, please contact Lynsey Douglas Homelessness and Prevention Team Leader on 0141 578 2133
Additional Questions Application Questions
As a Homelessness Advisor (Rapid Rehousing) you will assist the Homelessness and Prevention Team Leader with the implementation and delivery of East Dunbartonshire Council’s Rapid Rehousing Plan. What do you think they key challenges to meet these requirements are for East Dunbartonshire and how will you overcome these.
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria;
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Job Summary Temporary until 30th September 2021 During Covid-19, we are taking the opportunity to work in different ways and...Apply For This Job
Job Summary Temporary until 31st March 2021 During Covid-19, we are taking the opportunity to work in different ways and...Apply For This Job
Job Description Location: East Kilbride (Permanent) / South Vennel, Lanark (Fixed Term until 31/03/21 You will undertake a wide range...Apply For This Job
Advert Based in 15 Abercorn Street, Paisley, PA3 4AA. You will be based within our staffed accommodation for homeless clients...Apply For This Job
Job Advertisement NLC3 £19,241 – £20,370 (plus appropriate payment for non-core hours & night shift working where applicable) North Lanarkshire...Apply For This Job