Helpline Practitioner (Safeguarding) – Fixed term contract until 31st March 2024
Are you either a qualified social care, healthcare, or education professional? This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your child protection expertise within a unique and highly influential national service, to work for an organisation whose core value is putting children first, and in a role where you will personally make a positive impact on thousands of families across the UK.
We operate with a hybrid-working model, enabling you to have the option to combine working from our modern offices in Belfast with working from home one week in every three weeks.
Why join the NSPCC?
At the NSPCC, our vision is to end cruelty to all children in the UK. An ambitious but worthwhile mission – and one you will help us achieve as a Helpline Practitioner. You will undertake a key role as part of the NSPCC Helpline, a place where adults can get advice or share concerns about a child, anonymously if they wish.
Our people are important to us. So, we work hard to ensure that our team feel happy and supported in their roles. We strive to achieve a happy and healthy work-life balance, and equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we do. This underpins our commitment to be there for all children.
The Role – Helpline Practitioner (Safeguarding)
Working as part of our passionate team of Practitioners, you will utilise your empathetic nature, and your sensitivity and common sense to provide emotional support, practical guidance and help to anyone who thinks a child may be at risk of abuse.
You will provide advice and assistance to the public via telephone, email, text and social media. You’ll take ownership of each contact you take, assessing the risk, liaising with our external child protection partners (Children’s Services, Police) to ensure prompt and effective action is taken.
Acting as an advisor to adults in the UK, you’ll encourage them to look out for the children around them, to take action and give children a voice when they are unable to ask for help themselves.
* Hybrid working model, enabling you to have the option of combining working from our modern offices in Belfast, Northern Ireland with working from home one week in every three weeks, with IT equipment provided
* Salary of £32,203 pro rata, plus 3.5% rota disturbance allowance, plus £200 per annum hybrid home working allowance
* 29 days annual leave pro rata
* Family friendly policies including paid parental and carers leave
* Life assurance scheme
* Access to the NSPCC ‘Employee Assistance Programme’ and wellbeing initiatives
* Discounts and promotions, offering up to 35% off everything from meals out to mobile phones and household appliances
* Bicycle and season ticket loans
* Staff volunteering opportunities
Employed on a fixed term contract until 31st March 2024, you will be working 35 hours per week on a rota pattern that covers the period of 7.30am to 10pm on weekdays, and 8am to 7pm on weekends.
Our Requirements – Helpline Practitioner (Safeguarding)
* An appropriate qualification from a safeguarding field, for example social care, health, education, law enforcement, youth justice, youth work or counselling
* Post-qualification experience in safeguarding children and families with an understanding of child protection and welfare issues
* Up to date knowledge of child protection legislation
* An understanding of the needs of children and their psychosocial development
* Driven by making a difference, with a passion for delivering an excellent service
* The ability to collect, assess and summarise essential information in written format
* Good IT Skills
As we offer the option of a hybrid-working model, to participate, you will need to have an ergonomic workspace at home that will allow you to work confidentially and keep organisational information secure.
How To Apply
If you meet the criteria as listed above and want to join us in the fight for every childhood and make a positive difference to the lives of many, then please apply now.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the NSPCC website. You will then be required to provide your current CV to be considered for this Helpline Practitioner role
35.25 hours per week – 3 nights per week – nvq level – no sponsorship – at least one year...Apply For This Job
Children's Home Deputy £33,000 Occasional sleeps £45 4 bed level 1 Therapeutic home (Full occupancy) Full Staff team Selby Purosearch...Apply For This Job
Title: On-Call Night Carers Location: TS17 Thornaby Nearest Tube/Station: Yarm Wage/Salary: £17.00 gross per hour, £170.00 gross per night. Driver...Apply For This Job
Defour Partnership (Social Care) is working closely with a highly regarded Social Care Charity recruiting for a Registered Manager. Rare...Apply For This Job
Are you ready for a new challenge as a Registered Manager, to lead a small residential service for adults with...Apply For This Job